Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -400
    Posted: September-22-2011 at 4:42pm
Dow is down 400 Obamas today after 280-something yesterday. Nice.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 5:25pm
black thursday...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:45am
pulling the kids college funds and buying gold and silver, by the way it looks like they might be going to community college. rotton bastards stole another few grand....create fear and pulling back doesnt help things, im going to ring a finacial advisors neck in the near future. he needs some Eric 101. lol
75, as bad as 08, quit cherry picking
"the things you own will start to own you"
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 2:36pm
I saw the heading for this post and I thought someone found some new antifreeze because the -100 stuff just isn't cutting it.

David
86 Martinique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 2:50pm
you may need minus 400 from globing warming lol, every year for the past 20 years i put my heat on the same very day which is september 22nd, not a day before not a day earlier...only cause the weather dictates that
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 4:29pm
Not surprised at all. Has he blamed Bush for this one yet? All we heard through out his campaign was VOTE me in so he can get started cleaning up the mess. Well...what are you waiting for?

Oh...wait...I know...He'll start on it as soon as he gets back from his much needed vacation. idiot!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 4:46pm
So how do you guys deal with the market in these times? I believe it is tough to time it, and constantly buy/sell/buy/sell.

I just do the Vanguard Target Retirement thing, and let it ride. It ends up being a mixed balance of stocks and bonds. More towards bonds as you get closer to retirement.

When we get a new President, I think the market will soar. I also FIRMLY believe the market tanked in October 2008 when it was apparent Dear Leader Obama was going to be elected. They say the market looks our 6-12 months, and anticipates what is coming. He is still working his "magic" on it too.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you may need minus 400 from globing warming lol, every year for the past 20 years i put my heat on the same very day which is september 22nd, not a day before not a day earlier...only cause the weather dictates that

ha that´s when i put my heat off..not a day before, not a day after, even if snow is comming!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 5:30pm
David I think if we all agree to dis-agree, that any form of the government is fcd up, no matter who pulls the curtain string.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 6:19pm
Kind of like my son always says....."Same circus, different clowns". However, I do think some clowns will be better for the economy than others.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 8:43pm

David I think if we all agree to dis-agree, that any form of the government is fcd up, no matter who pulls the curtain string.

I think we all know who is better to drive the car to this country than the other f' weirdo's!

Yea ask my dad and mom about all the money they have lost since 08. I did not realize my mother could get so angry at Obama..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 11:30am
one must understand the stock market, has nothing to do with Obama, the deficit in the stock market comes from for instance, Martha stewart, she recieves confidential information, buys a stock into a company, company recieves a large contract, whether it be government or private sector, doubles her money and pulls it out, there is more to it obviously, but these are some of the things that go on,
Fear is created and people pull back....me and you, thats when the investors put money in. just like silver, it dropped 4 bucks, im going to buy some this week. the constant pulling profits creates a deficit, and our 401's, investment accounts suffer.
look at it this way, something solid, not to long ago gold was 300 an ounce, if you purchased 100 grand worth at the time, and held it until now you would be getting 1600.00 an ounce, no taxes, no early penalties and very low risk...not a bad return.
petroleum is also a commodity, bought and sold, held at times until the price spikes
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 11:33am
550k aint to bad to retire on btw
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:10pm
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:21pm
The market is a tricky thing for sure. There is corruption in the market.....HELLO Bernie Madoff!!! He screwed lots of very intelligent people. Also, some people do get lucky, and hitch their wagon to a meteoric stock, and get wealthy. Those individuals are either extremely lucky, or have true insider knowledge of what is happening at a company.

However, I am neither lucky, or have no knowledge of what is going to happen to a company that may cause its share to sky-rocket. Thats why I am more of a diversified index player. I figure the market already knows what is happening, and that information is baked into a stocks price long before I would ever be able to act on it.

Take Netflix for example. If you would have bought a few years ago, it would have been a fantastic ride on the way up. However, since July, its price has been cut in half.

I am not saying its going to happen, but, some of the air appears to be coming out of gold now too. So, I just play the averages and stay at it over the long haul.

It seems like if gold were a great LONG term investment, companies like Vanguard and Fidelity would add gold as a percentage of thier retirement offerings. But, I sure wish I would have bought it at $300 and sold at $1800. But, I missed that one.

If anybody knows where the next great investment is, please give me a call
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:34pm
breaking it down into laymans terms helps, fianancial advisors are taught, even accountants to guide you, Dave, Im liquid on hand and in control, I just lost the trust of the financial system and tend to shadow my Jewish friends.
the long haul on gold that you can hold in your hand averaged pretty well over the long term. I always said if you hang around idiots you will be an idiot, moral....find an old nice jewish guy lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:41pm
we had a local investor here in town clip the Fazio family for 18 million, I dont understand how one could swipe a check that large and trust a guy, im afraid to let loose of 18 bucks, as you said the risk outways 10 fold nowadys, lok at that solar panel company that Obama dumped 550 million of taxpayers money into, good intent on his part, future of economic growth and they went belly up, someone walked away with a pocket full of cash
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:43pm
now if you were on Haliburtons board............
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:55pm
Oh boy, here we go with the Bush/Cheney bashing You libs just won't leave them alone.

So Eric, if your Jewish friends don't invest in stocks/bonds, other than gold, where do they invest? Over the very long haul, gold has not been a great investment, but, admittedly, its been on a tear for the past few years. Hey, what about real estate?? Nah, that bubble burst too.

Its my feeling that over the very long haul, the stocks and bonds are the place to be. And, yes, it hurts like h*ll when the market tanks like it has been, but, it also feels eurphoric during the bull runs. However, on average, over the past 5-10 years or so, stocks on average have only returned around 5% annually. Plus, its liquid as well.

I like to think of the market as a proxy for the US economy. When Obama is in power, I am getting a discount on my purchases. When a Republican gets into office and hopefully cuts all the regulations that are hampering things, the economy will soar and so will the stock market.   
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:09pm

one must understand the stock market, has nothing to do with Obama, ......Fear is created and people pull back....

Your right, no link there
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:26pm
persona? maybe the same as election propaganda?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:30pm
it didnt soar under Clinton, it skyrocketed, I will at least at times give credit where credit is due, the returns during those days were euphoric
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:32pm
David, banks and hollywood lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:34pm
Are you saying that possibly that Cheney, did not profit not one penny from Haliburton stock?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:39pm
hard to believe Lincoln was a righty, but then again.....
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:57pm

Are you saying that possibly that Cheney, did not profit not one penny from Haliburton stock?

Well, he was the CEO, so I HOPE the heck he profited from Haliburton. Just like I hope to profit from PolyOne stock that I own. And, I am sure you hope PolyOne does well to as a local Ohio company that employees people who own old boats that need to be repaired from time to time. Trickle down my friend
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 2:16pm
hoping for Polyone to succeed is like Cheney hoping for war with Haliburton, diabolical but very true
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic