NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fast hulls

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fast hulls
    Posted: October-09-2011 at 10:22pm
There are periodic discussions on here about fast hulls and not so fast hulls. Beautiful day in New England today, upper 70s so I headed out to the pond and ran into some friends with some pretty fast hulls.

This Donzi 18 has a pretty fast hull, mid 70s, went for a ride with him.

This 63 Stevens was a pretty quick ride too. 496, 600ish HP, 16 ft boat and about 6 inches off the water, a bit choppy and running 75-ish is definitely a hold on ride. (he stayed away from WOT today, he doesnt like to do that with passengers, especially on choppy water, but still quite a ride)

Another Donzi, this one a 16.

Oh, there was one not as fast hull at the beach today. I also ran into fellow CCFaner Paul Peterson, who was down on my pond for the day.

sorry about the photo quality, not anticipating this day at the beach and just had crappy phone camera.
WAKE-up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAKE-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2011 at 10:53pm
Well larry i would have hoped that that the not as fast was reserved for my brother's I/O however that thing with a 4banger tops out at 50, i have acid cleaned then compound then waxed hull still not enough to break 45 then tried 1200 followed with 2000wet sand changed to 612 now getting "respectable" 46 with flashes of 47gps may lift off trailer and finish where i couldn't get .. also found old qt of "liquid speed" teflon coating
notice in pics the semi glass        until the go fasters made nascar circuit all they needed was some tubes off the back
so i bagged up and we surfed yeah 11.5mph is really "not as fast"
paul
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2011 at 2:33am
Paul, Good seeing you yesterday. I'd say you are doing pretty good with 46-47 out of your Sport. Thats a great looking boat. I really like it. Lake was pretty tore up yesterday. Looked smooth from the beach but when you got out in it, it was pretty rough, as I'm sure you found out when you were surfing. Was watching you guys for a while. Despite my reluctance to try, it does look like fun. Was definitely a day for the NASCAR circuit tho, wasnt it? That red boat was looking to take on any one that came along, it looked like. My wild ride in the old Stevens was fun, but after that, what do you do? I'll stick with our old tractors.
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 4:12pm
It is one of my lifetime goals to own a Donzi.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 5:35pm
I own and have owned many flatbottom V-drives. Currently have two, one is a 65 Rickshaw with a 502 ci Chevy. GPS at 82mph, sets nice particularly since it has a fixed plate. Dont run it that hard anymore as the 502 broke out one of the stringers.
The Second is a 69 Rayson Craft LP. It was an old Miami marine stadium super Stock. Currently this is our latest winter project. The APBA has sanctioned a entry level runabout class max speed 85 mph, all with a lock stock Small block. Either Ford or Chevy. We hope to have it running in late May.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic