Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x
    Posted: November-04-2011 at 6:48pm

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 7:13pm
Are you literally in Rome Italy?

Most people in the states turn to Eric Lavine on this site for any kind of trans issue.

They ship their tranny's to him in a milkcrate and he fixes it and ships it back.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 7:30pm
Mike,
Welcome to CCfan. The next question is typically - we want pictures!!

Regarding the trans, you have some internal issues with the pump. That front seal does not see any pressure unless the pump is shot by-passing oil around it. I suggest a rebuild but, make sure the shop knows what they are doing. Here in the states and as mentioned, Eric would be the ONLY person I would trust.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 7:45pm
a
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by mdills mdills wrote:

Cost to much to ship that thing.

If $100 is too much to know that the trans will be rebuilt correctly, then you may want to reconsider boat ownership!

You think a local trans rebuild shop could do it right?
Your guess is as good as ours. Who knows what they charge too... theres a very good chance that you'll come out ahead pricewise even factoring in the shipping to Ohio, AND you'll get a known good transmission back.

Theres a reason people told you to send it to Eric!

Do NOT attempt to rebuild it yourself.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 8:05pm

...Cost to much to ship that thing...

It says in your user profile that you work for UPS. Stop charging yourself so much for shipping!

mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 8:10pm
x
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 8:45pm
I have payed $60 to send a tranny and a Carb from west columbia SC to MIA...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

...Cost to much to ship that thing...

It says in your user profile that you work for UPS. Stop charging yourself so much for shipping!

I know right.. Darn Union causes our prices to be so high, along with fuel price gone up.
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 8:59pm
x
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:47am
Mike,
Eric usually stops in every morning but give him a call.

That "local trans shop" if automotive is the worst choice. A marine and automotive trans do not have anything in common except for the fluid they use. Do you know the basic concepts on how a marine trans works? If the shop is marine, then I still feel it's a bad choice. We have some horror story threads about "pro" shops. Rebuilding it yourself is also risky - some here have tried but very few have succeeded.

Send it up to Eric on the next FedEx truck! They tend to be less expensive. Find yourself one of the plastic milk crates and make a plywood top for it. The trans will fit nicely in it and the built in handles make handling the weight easy.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:42pm
I sent one from N Ga to Eric. It was around $100 or a bit over. He'll be along soon.

Welcome aboard neighbor.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I sent one from N Ga to Eric. It was around $100 or a bit over. He'll be along soon.

Welcome aboard neighbor.

I still think Mike should get a quote from FedEx!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 12:10am
I know a guy on lake Murray, SC that has worked for pcm for years and he rebuilds them. Gas may end up costing close to what shipping is! Pm me if you want his name and number.
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:16am
x
mdills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:23am
x
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Welcome aboard neighbor.

I still think Mike should get a quote from FedEx!!   

I shipped UPS and it came back by Fedex...
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:18am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

I know a guy on lake Murray, SC that has worked for pcm for years and he rebuilds them.

Ernest,
I see the decision to send it to Eric has already been made which is great.

Did you happen to notice the trans is a B/W Velvet and not a PCM?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:18am

Greg,
It must be nice to live so close to Lake lanier...I stay on Lake Allatonna or Lake Weiss.. each an hour away..

As with most things, it has its highs and lows. Right now it's 12 feet low.

We do a Hoochie(Chattahoochee) run sometimes, maybe we'll see you then. There are a few threads in the reunion section.
1988 BFN-sold

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 10:42am

I know a guy on lake Murray, SC that has worked for pcm for years and he rebuilds them.

Ernest,

Yes I did. My inference was that the guy is very familiar with inboards and working on them. Not well stated, I agree. I think it is great that he is sending the trans to Eric as Eric contributes a lot to this forum.   When he started talking about doing it himself and shipping costs, I just wanted him to have another option closer to home .
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:11pm

Ernest,

Yes I did. My inference was that the guy is very familiar with inboards and working on them. Not well stated, I agree. I think it is great that he is sending the trans to Eric as Eric contributes a lot to this forum.   When he started talking about doing it himself and shipping costs, I just wanted him to have another option closer to home .

Got it!! Good guys are hard to come by.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 10:24am

I know a guy on lake Murray, SC that has worked for pcm for years and he rebuilds them. Gas may end up costing close to what shipping is! Pm me if you want his name and number.

Ernest, You talking about GZ? Hes the only person other than Eric that id want working on my trans.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:25am
His name is Gene....cant recall his last name at the moment. He fixed a couple of friends velvet drives this year. One poor kid had his tranny worked on by a local "expert" then a year later he finally got his engine back in and running, and the rebuilt tranny went out first day. Turns out the "expert" didnt have a circlip on propelry and all the clutch packs were loose!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:47am
Ernest,
Gene is sharp.   Totally trust him with these boats.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 4:23pm

I know you replace the damper plate, but do you have to get a new cooler line?

If they are in good shape I don´t see why change them...again, lines are not that expensive. The oil cooler is a part i´d inspect also...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic