NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mythbusters

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mythbusters
    Posted: November-11-2011 at 9:51am
one of the MB guys tried wakeboarding behind an excavator, can someone post the you tube video?
"the things you own will start to own you"
DieselCash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselCash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 12:11pm
I found it on you tube but, can not get it to play on my computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsesSd57qA4
1992 Sport Nautique
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 10:10pm
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 10:26am
"Jamie is an experienced water skiier but has never wakeboarded"

I remember the first 5 pulls I tried on a board with plenty of skiing experience. I was trying the same toes forward butterslide approach he was.    

When the guy helping me finally stopped laughing, he said to drop my trailing hand. Some folks are so cruel.   

Eric, I saw another video like that. They were using a p/u truck and drainage ditches.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 11:49am
I think ive seen some amish boys trying it with horses, you aint seen nothin until you see a 12 year old plowing a field at 6 in the morning by a team of horses.
Im telling you, on a Sunday drive if you want to go back in time, take a drive deep into the heart of an amish country, sometimes i think they have the right idea
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 4:53pm
They ain't got nothin on these folks!

caterpillar waterskiing
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 6:29pm
i might have posted this on the site already, but we used to ski on the pond behind our house with a dodge aspen that we rigged up to spool a bunch of rope up. when the ride is over, we would pull the rope back out with a fourwheeler.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2011 at 3:02am
Thanks Scott..

once again eric..you are right on the mark.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2011 at 4:32pm
Hey Eric,
Hate to hijack your thread, but do you have your contact info anywhere?

I've got a v-drive to send you.

Sorry, carry on.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2011 at 2:52pm
They've skied behind a rowing crew before.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:05am
330-322-8817 cell
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by 67425ks 67425ks wrote:

we used to ski on the pond behind our house with a dodge aspen that we rigged up to spool a bunch of rope up.

Did you have the "perfectpass" cruise control option too? You still cannot beat American Ingenuity!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:59pm
Gary, didn't have enough pond to get the cruise set, but it was the flattest wake you have ever seen. Also, the hole shot is amazing when "tow boat" is stationary. The dodge aspen just recently passed away, but it didn't go out without a fight. I firmly believe that in the event of a nuclear attack, there will be nothing left but cockroaches driving dodge aspens. RIP dodge Aspen, you will be missed.
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 5:20am
Love the redneck skiing.
In the past I've skiied behind a Hobie 16 sailing boat, an original Kawasaki stand up jet ski.
Probably the best was when I was living in the Middle East years ago we used to drive the 4x4 down the waters edge and ski about 15' off the beach. You would stand on the dry sand ready to go and the 4x4 would slowly accelerate and you would edge out over the dry sand onto the water and speed up. It was easier to start on the dry sand as it has less drag and stick than the wet,once you had some speed you could cross the wet sand. Unfortunately I have lost the photo I had.
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 5:46am
I like the Aspen/ElCamino modification. It would not have been needed as part of the towboat conversion, must have been an earlier unique use modification.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 10:12pm
Dave, I purposely went for the elcamino look, but we called it the wagamino. I used load up a 200 gal poly tank in the back and use it for watering my trees. It's amazing that after "Lincoln" locking the rear end and then loading that much weight in it that we never broke an axle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic