Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine cooling and intercooler removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine cooling and intercooler removal
    Posted: November-12-2011 at 8:02am
I am just removing a home brew intercooler from my 1986 351 powered Martinique.
There are many PO created mods, bodges and alterations on the boat that are being removed and a semi-original being recreated.

The intercooler was leaking internally and externally. I am looking to re-plumb the cooling system back to the original spec. I have looked at the owner’s manual and the service manual for pictures of how it should be, but they are useless, so I am asking the great and mighty for some help.

The water filter is original and connects to the bracket mounted RWP. This, I believe, should connect to the engine mounted circ pump. Is this RWP original? Others on CCF look to have a pipe back to the thermostat housing`     

The thermostat housing is of stainless steel and when compared to other photos on CCF does not look to be original. I believe that the outlet here should connect direct to the exhaust manifiolds
The pipe from the thermostat housing to the engine water pump has kinked and PO has put a jubilee clip on it to stop the collapse!!! New pipe needed.

The boat is LPG powered and the water jacket for the evaporator is plumbed into the top of the engine block to the left of the distributer (second temp sensor?(and the other end was connected in to a pipe originating at the engine water pipe and going to the intercooler. Also as this pipe is now missing where is the best place to re-connect it?

Any help appreciated.

Tom

1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic