NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

not that lucky, me that is

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not that lucky, me that is
    Posted: November-19-2011 at 10:50am
A good friend of mine stopped by my shop Thursday, by trade he is a struggling truck driver, recently married and his new wife has a daughter, very modest house and like the rest of us going from paycheck to paycheck. Well anyways about 2 months ago a 67 year old man shows up in his driveway with a briefcase asking to talk to his wife Allison, he answered she's not home and is baffled and didnt ask what he wanted, she'll be home at 5:30 you can come back then. well she pulled in the drive and the man was right behind her, they both went inside and my friend continued working on his boat in the driveway....1/2 hour later they both came out and the wife said I would like you to meet my father. yes they did arrange for a DNA test, and it came up 99.9999 that he was the father. next day a truck showed up and dropped off 2 brand new 4 wheelers, a couple days later a new 55' television, then a 06 Heritage softail, in the mail they got a deed for 8 acres and a house in an uppr scale area, the list goes on and on
This fcn guy owns a gold mine in Nevada, she is his only child and he had one last hoorah before going to Vietnam and loosing track of her but was always in the back of his mind, and the mother lied to her all these years, about another man being her mean father. just another story of good things happening to a good guy..I was very happy for him
"the things you own will start to own you"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 2:50pm
that's crazy...I wish somebody would show up at my door and give me a briefcase full of money.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 3:05pm
or buying a used van and the guy pulled the door panels filled with 500k in hohihena, he turned it in as would I
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 3:09pm
actually the briefcase had old pictures and memorabilia from his life. but I would imagine he's loaded
DieselCash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselCash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 5:09pm
Good things always happen to good people.
1992 Sport Nautique
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 7:37pm
Anyone show up on my door step with a brief case I draw the blinds.
bj
hasbeenskier
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 2:28am
Cool story!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 11:51am
I did ask him if he wondered what the guy wanted and he said i didnt feel threatened at all because of the mans age, the old man sent all three tickets, rental car, accomadations for a viva las vegas christmas.
DC, he is a good guy and it couldnt of happened to anyone nicer, and the reason i know this is because he treats his stepdaughter as a daughter
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:14pm
Life is stranger than fiction, nice story
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic