Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vehicle Path GPS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vehicle Path GPS
    Posted: November-22-2011 at 8:11pm
If any of you own a business with vehicles or equipment...Get It.

Costs $221.00 per unit and $21.00 a month.

In addition to compiling all required IFTA mileage records, it can send out notifications should a vehicle speed, run during off hours, excessive idle time, got off route, stops more then so many minutes, and enters (or exits) a Geofence area you establish. It even can monitor a PTO switch.

We installed GPS in our trucks a few months back and "forgot" to tell the employees. Well the results were downright god awful.

After reviewing the records it turns out one of my guys was using my truck for a moonlighting job - with my fuel of course. Another we caught intentionally choosing traffic clogged roads to boost his OT. Never would have caught them without it.

I figure these GPS units will save us literally thousands in the long run. Heck, they already paid for themselves since OT has all but been eliminated since I told the employees we put them in the trucks. Funny how that works, isn't it? The work load didn't change but productivity sure did.

I just don't get it. Why can't people just do a good job and go home? Why do they always have to take advantage of a good thing? Don't they get tired of changing jobs/careers every 1-2 years?

I use to side with people who complained about companies riding employee constantly and looking over their shoulders. Now I see why...its because business have to.

Sorry for the rant. Summer is way too far off.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 10:11pm
I worked for a large oil company when i started in the trade , it was an unwritten rule that you could sand bag it between calls , sometimes i would reorganize my truck sometimes just sit and do paperwork never for more that 10 minutes at a time .When the business sold to a larger more productive corporate atmosphere I knew i would be a guy that would go postal there. They brought g.p.s tracking of some early sort there withing a few yrs. i have owned my own service company now since 1988 and would never dream of tracking my employees . I am sure i could be one of people i never wanted to be and make more $ .I am not "their best friend " but i try to make it a trusting friendly place . and do business' really have to?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic