Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Motor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lineman458 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineman458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motor
    Posted: November-23-2011 at 12:16am
So I finally get my Holman Moody 302 built after much weeping and gnashing of teeth . I take the starter that I pulled off the boat to a rebuilder and ask him to test it. He does and says it works like a new one and looks like a new one inside. Good news right? WRONG!!!! I said did you notice it is reverse rotation? He says no it isn't it is standard.....GRRRRRR . Apparentally the PO had bought a starter and put on it that was not reverse....I am thinking to myself "Maybe thats why he sold it to my buddy in the first place ...because it wouldn't start...So $129 later and I have a nice shiny new reverse rotation starter....As soon as I get the carb rebuilt I am gonna give the witch a try Wish me luck
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 4:43pm
You will get it, did you repaint your motor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineman458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 4:52pm
Yes I repainted it
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 4:56pm
   I am going to renovate my motor, do you need a heat tolerant paint? Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineman458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 6:21pm
I used engine enamel. I would think you would need high temp paint
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic