Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towed in by a BAYLINER

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towed in by a BAYLINER
    Posted: September-11-2005 at 5:57pm
oh man, how embarrassing. I was paddling along, minding my own business and a nice old guy in a gayliner towed me in. Engine stopped cooling. NO water in the hoses, so I shut it down and started to paddle. I have a new impeller, so I figured I would install it. Now the old one does not look "bad" but it is directional now, probably due to use. If worn in enough, does it stop "sucking"? I guess I will put it in and go give it a try. ON THE TRAILER!!!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2005 at 6:55pm
Strainer full of weeds. HMM. I removed it, blew it out with water, then compressed air, and its now clean as a whistle. Is there a screen type fitting that I can put in before the strainer so I dont have to mess with the tranny lines to clean it out? I guess I could make something up.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2005 at 7:34pm
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SHE18005

Oh, there is the cure for that problem! Anyone else running one of these strainers? How do you like it?
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2005 at 11:32pm
Dude, sorry to hear that.....and your cooling problem's a bummer too.
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2005 at 3:46am
I have one just like that on my boat. It replaced the original Vetus. I was down for over a week because I would not run without a strainer.
Bob Ed
83 2001
74mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 7:34pm
I saw the topic and i had to comment. THATS bad luck man, around where i live, bayliners are thought of as junk, but they infest the waters because everyone thinks theyre a great boat. ive towed my share of bayliners in, but im hoping karma doesnt catch up with me. sorry to hear it. ive never had a strainer problem but i have a friend that runs on a sherwood strainer and he likes it much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 11:50pm
hey 74Mustang, I have been having nothing but bad luck latley. Lost a Job, motorhome broke down ($800) and today is my wedding anniversary and the wife smashed my boat into a concrete boat ramp, completley removing all the gelcoat repair I had done last weekend. And, to top it off, I bet I dont even get any lovin' tonite. LOL.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2005 at 12:12am
Trike ...sorry obout the run of bad luck.

Always remember the wife rules...
#1 wife must pass boating 101 before she can drive
#2 Wife may THINK she's going to take it out by herself...but can't because she does not know how to hook the trailor up.
#3 Wife may not learn to hook the trailor up until #1 is satified.
#4 Wife still THINKS she will take it out alone...Over my dead body.

Hope all gets better!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

74mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2005 at 6:50pm
#5 teach the wife to do gelcoat repair
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2005 at 8:19pm
and #6, remember research shows that the happiest marriages are those that do what the wife wants. (Don't know if any of those marriages are boat owners though).
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 8:22pm
Reminds me of something I've heard all my life;
"If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."
Bob Ed
83 2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 8:51pm
Bobs:

Bingo!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic