Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1998 Ski Nautique Tachometer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
falcon_o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcon_o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1998 Ski Nautique Tachometer
    Posted: September-12-2005 at 4:51pm
The tachometer on my 98 Nautique has become intermittent. (bottom swing tach, GT40 motor)When working properly, 2200 rpm = 22 mph. When not 4100 rpm = 22 mph. Connections to back of tach tight (GND,IGN,SEND,LAMP). Any suggestions of what else to check/try before replacing ?
falcon_o
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 1:42pm
I have heard that the tachs have problems of switching between modes (i.e. 8 vs 6 vs 4 cylinders) spontaneously. Try removing the tach and cleaning the mode switch. Hope this is relavant to the '98 tach.
falcon_o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcon_o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 3:26pm
I have tried switching the mode switch between settings so as to possibly clean the switch wipers. For the moment, it appears to be working properly. Thanks for the suggestion -

Charlie
falcon_o
must58gt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must58gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 9:18am
I own a 1998 Ski Nautique also and the tachometer has stopped working. I pulled the tach from the dashboard and noticed the mode switch button is gone. Any suggestions about finding a replacement?
-- Must58GT
-- Austin, Texas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic