NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cold is a relative thing!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold is a relative thing!
    Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:04pm
Cold is a relative thing ya know....It takes a special person to live in Minnesota in the winter.

At 65 degrees, Arizonans turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
At 60, Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
At 50, Italian & English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down..
At 40, Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
At 35, New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.
At 20, People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close their windows.
At 0, Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
At 10 below zero, Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.
At 20 below, Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.). People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.
At 30 below, Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.
At 40 below, ALL atomic motion stops. People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold enough for ya, eh?"
At 50 below, hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:16pm
At 50 below, hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late

At 50 below, hell freezes over.MINNESOTA WINS the SUPER BOWL!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

At 50 below, hell freezes over.MINNESOTA WINS the SUPER BOWL!

At 50 below you get enough brain freeze to think the Vikings maybe can win it next year!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:40pm
Don't tell me you're not drinking the Christian Ponder kool-aid? I'm a Florida State fan so I've been following him for years, the kid can play. And I hear he's got a pretty decent running back...they're a strong sleeper pick next year.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:54pm
In NC our thermometers do not go below 0, and if the temp ever does we would not know because everything will be closed long before that. What is crazy about MN is you guys still get to the 100's in the summer.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Don't tell me you're not drinking the Christian Ponder kool-aid? I'm a Florida State fan so I've been following him for years, the kid can play. And I hear he's got a pretty decent running back...they're a strong sleeper pick next year.

Thats gonna be a hell of a ball game against Notre Dame.. I will be plugged in watching that one..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I like Chris, He has a lot of potential, I am just afraid they will turn him into a Viking! I taught my wife(who knows nothing of sports) how to talk sports and sound knowlegable in one sentence, I said just wait till someone brings up a Minnesota team and then say "They will just dissapoint us at the end of the season anyway." She has been amazed at how well it works.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 6:34am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

At 20 below, Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.).

Especially liked this one
Made me think of our politicians here in Brussels, finally got a government. Took them one and a half year to get this far after the elections...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Made me think of our politicians here in Brussels, finally got a government. Took them one and a half year to get this far after the elections...

In Medicine they day first do no harm. I say lets keep them all out of business for awhile.
1987 Ski Nautique

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 1:50pm
Quote At 50, Italian & English cars won't start

There are English cars ????? LOL there haven't been any of them for several years, the last volume car manufacturer we had closed up shop a long time ago

I'll stick with my Swedish Engineering thanks :) (even if the Chinese do now own them "Zhejiang Geely Holding Group")
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I taught my wife(who knows nothing of sports) how to talk sports and sound knowlegable in one sentence, I said just wait till someone brings up a Minnesota team and then say "They will just dissapoint us at the end of the season anyway." She has been amazed at how well it works.

That sounds like my 5 favorite words: "your hair looks nice today". Every woman loves to hear that. I tell my girl that over the phone. I was tailgating at the browns game sunday and one girl was wearing a wool hat, your hair looks nice today, oh thanks sweetie! Its like magic.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Thats gonna be a hell of a ball game against Notre Dame.. I will be plugged in watching that one..

Won't be the same without Bobby and Lou...I can't think about ND and FSU without going back to 93, those 2 guys defined that entire season.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic