NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acme 540

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 12:34pm
Marketing at its finest!

Ive found no perceptible difference in the wake/rooster shape between the 1:1 and 1.23, but I havent spent a *ton* of time behind my buddy's '94 with the 1:1. The biggest difference is the holeshot- the 1.23 comes out of the hole a good bit quicker.

Luch, I know props can be tuned, but I would think that a fundamental alteration like changing the rake would require such a redesign that fatiguing the metal may be a concern. Similar to how there are limitations as to how much a prop can be repitched. Personally, I would avoid re-raking or re-pitching if at all possible. Short of adding or subtracting a little cup, I just assume get a prop thats designed how I want it from the get go.

The 208 should in fact lower RPM's a bit as compared to the 540... so the rooster should soften a little. I would not expect the wake firmness or size to be changed at all.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 11:13pm
Try putting some weight in the bow. Works pretty well on my 95 snob in the course. I just don't run my 82 in a course, wake is pretty tough! But I do like it for a fun run at the lake. I have the 540 on the snob...great prop. Oh, I noticed very little change in the rooster tail when I went to the 540. It is just there at certain speeds, I tell the kids to ski faster!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 11:30am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

I have the 540 on the snob...great prop. Oh, I noticed very little change in the rooster tail when I went to the 540. It is just there at certain speeds, I tell the kids to ski faster!

Did you mean the '82? I think '94 was the last year the 1:1 was offered... I thought you had a 470 on the '95.
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 12:05pm
I put the 540 on my 86 SN and took it for a ride without the seats being screwed down my buddy ended up in the back and I was left holding on to the steering wheel with one finger before I could back off the throtle. My 83 with standard prop never ran like that. I felt the bow seemed a bit higher but only at slower speeds above 25, seemed to ride relatively flat.
Mike
Lakedog55
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

I have the 540 on the snob...great prop. Oh, I noticed very little change in the rooster tail when I went to the 540. It is just there at certain speeds, I tell the kids to ski faster!

Did you mean the '82? I think '94 was the last year the 1:1 was offered... I thought you had a 470 on the '95.

Haha your right! Forget what I wrote. I am in Co snow skiing and I have no business discussing props. Local beer, yes.....props and boats, no! Thanks for taking my keys away before I did something stupid.

Ernest
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic