Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Install stereo on '86

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install stereo on '86
    Posted: December-08-2011 at 8:26pm
Has anyone installed a stereo on a 1986 Ski Nautique 2001??? Maybe some pictures??
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 8:32pm
How much stereo are you talking about?   Deck and 4 speakers or do you want something like Joe and Quinner have.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 8:36pm
There have been many, I'm sure a search will show them them.
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

How much stereo are you talking about?   Deck and 4 speakers or do you want something like Joe and Quinner have.

Not sure what they have, but for now just a deck and speakers. Eventually I would like to add a tower and speakers to that, but that may be a little bit down the road.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 9:26pm
On mine I went deck-less and run an iPod with a charging cable to a line driver that gives me volume control and on to the amps. Everything was planned in advance so it easy to add things.   In the spring I added a second amp and a sub, the summer was a alternator and dual batteries. I'm currently colecting amps for a pair of Wetsounds speakers that will be this winters project.

My boat tends to have a few days out in the rain so everything is marine rated. One thing that I swear by is my HSE Revolution, it a Perfect Pass for the stereo volume. Turns it up while your skiing the kills the volume when you pull back on the throttle. Unfortunately they went under, but something called a boost box does the same thing but it needs a deck.

I'm also a believer in the full range class D amps, very efficient and easy on the electrical system. I ran 2 JL XD amps 1000 watts total on the stock electrical system with no issues using an Optima Blue top battery. They are a bit spendy, but they are absolutely tiny which works good in a boat.

The biggest thing is a plan though, that way your not buying the same thing twice and having to redo stuff as it grows.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic