Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1958 Correct Craft StarFlight

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ccrunk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccrunk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1958 Correct Craft StarFlight
    Posted: January-05-2012 at 1:25pm
I looked at a 1958 StarFlight yesterday owned by a gentleman in his 90s. I've owned a few wooden boats but not an expert and was intrigued when I saw the fins on its side and the aluminum molding. He told me the model and it's history.....he bought it new. He said "sell it for me" so I'm here starting that process. I'll get pictures later today and upload. From what little research I've done, it's a rare boat but you guys here already know that. CC
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2012 at 2:18pm
Chris, I too own a Starflite, but without the "fins". I would like to see pics and any info your able to share with us.
Welcome to the site..........Boat dr
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2012 at 4:05pm
Chris,
I too welcome you to CCfan. You have found the site for Correct Craft!! Make sure you get us some pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ccrunk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccrunk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2012 at 4:11am
It seems this is the boat that was for sale a few years back in North Carolina at Lake Wylie. Can someone familiar with pricing PM me and let me know what they were asking. I asked about fiberglass and was told the bottom hadn't been done.....and that it had work done a few years back to replace the wood in the rear. Thanks!
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ccrunk1 ccrunk1 wrote:

It seems this is the boat that was for sale a few years back in North Carolina at Lake Wylie. Can someone familiar with pricing PM me and let me know what they were asking. I asked about fiberglass and was told the bottom hadn't been done.....and that it had work done a few years back to replace the wood in the rear. Thanks!

Old topic
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 2:02am
Chris, I have pictures of the starflite you are talking about when it was on consignment at HQ Marine on Lake Wylie. This was 5 or 6 years ago possibly. I will see if I can round them up and I will post them. The boat looked nice at the time, from what I was told the guy wanted a lot of $$ for it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 2:04am
I grew up on Lake Wylie and still have a family cabin there that has been in my family for 65 years. I do not think it was a local Lake Wylie boat.
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 3:51am
Okay, so the word fins came up three or four times in the thread, you knew I would have to chime in. Love to see some pictures!

59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
ccrunk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccrunk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 5:22am
I have pictures of the boat from a previous thread. I was wondering what they were asking for the boat when it was for sale at Lake Wylie. Ballpark?   Thanks! CC
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by FINS FINS wrote:

From the picture, it looks like plenty of time went into the "restoration". However, it's too bad he hacked the dog house ether due to a repower (bad in judges minds) or a down draft carb swap (not as bad but still a dog house mod).

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 4:54pm
Chris, I sent you a message back on the Starflite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:21am
Fins are the bomb
ccrunk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccrunk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 5:12am
It's a few days shy of a year since my last post and initial research on this CC Starflite. The doc and I have agreed on a price so I guess I'm now a new "old" boat owner......you'd think I'd be happier but I guess my happiness will be delayed until Spring. CC
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 11:58am
Another one has the bug totally incurable. Enjoy the infliction.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 12:58pm
Looks like we have another woody restoration thread......... will we see you at SJRR 2013        ??????????
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 2:31pm
I know that feeling! Excited but also that pit in your stomach saying "what did I just get myself into?" I am leaving in two days to make a whirlwind trip to California to pick up the latest "project". It is a 1948 Century Seamaid with a Gray Fireball 6/160. There is no "pit" on this one though since my Dad bought it. I just get to help without explaining the credit card statements every month!

Still love to see some pictures of your new Starflight. Is it still in the same condition from the sale pictures?
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 6:05pm
I had a 48 seamaid and let someone talk me out of it before I started the restoration now I kick myself big time every time I see one. Don't pass it up!
ccrunk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccrunk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2013 at 3:32pm
The boat is in the same condition as the pictures and I don't think it's seen water in 4-5 years. I'm looking forward to summer!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:41pm
Post some current photos
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 7:01pm

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 8:02pm
The boat looks pristine!
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2013 at 6:42pm
Grreat looking Part out. ;)
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 12:38pm
Its a beauty!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic