NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***Music City Mini 2012***

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 121314
Author
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 11:17pm
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 11:33pm
G-20. LMAO
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 12:40am
I can't believe Tom leaked those G20 pics after we were all sworn to secrecy..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

All I can say is "ROCKS". Man the whole place was just rocks....

Rocks and no docks!

Although I had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new CCFans, I doubt I will ever return to PPL.

Gee Ward don't ya think your being a little tough on the Beav.

I think the last pic's are pretty nice. Yes it was a little rocky OK a lot rocky, but we over came that. The water was 5' low how many times were the lakes in Georgia, SC or NC so low you couldn't launch or dock period.
As for the windy conditions that's a crap shoot, our rivers are usually very calm up here but I've also seen white caps on them so it's luck of the draw when it comes to the wind.
The camping was a bit primitive but h@ll I've slept in fox holes, primitive yes but I've slept in worse places(Kosovo, Bosnia)to name a few.
I think the main thing was it was a new place and we had no plan.

I think Tennessee is a fairly in the middle type place for a lot of people. We had people from Texas, Chicago, Georgia, NC, Pa, Ohio and New York. That's not to bad.
Maybe one of the other lakes like Dale Hollow or Norris, I've been to none of these I just threw them out there. But I think we need someone with some local lake knowledge to help as Joe put it "heard the cats" in the right direction.

As for the neighborhood geez, you come from Cleveland the knife and gun club of the tri-state area.
AllianceBJJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllianceBJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 11:28am
Had a blast as usual. Didn't even plan on going until Thursday morning. I am pretty sure Ryan didn't believe I was serious when I told him I was coming. But a quick flight in on Frday and a flight out on Sunday afternoon was what I needed. Sorry if I was a bit less than social on Sunday, those 1am chicken wings downtown along with the beer and sun for 2 days caught up with me. Maybe next time my 230 (or a new G23) can make an appearance.
2013 G23

2012 SANTE 230 - sold

2011 SANTE 230 - Sold

2010 SANTE 210 - sold

2006 SANTE 210 - sold
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

All I can say is "ROCKS". Man the whole place was just rocks....

Rocks and no docks!

Although I had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new CCFans, I doubt I will ever return to PPL.There are a lot nicer lakes in TN.
I think a lot was learned about what is needed to have a successful CCFan gathering, and even more so, what's not needed.

A few thoughts:

- The campground had such secluded spots that no one knew where the CCFans were. It would have been great if you wanted privacy, but we came to mingle with other fans and that just wasn't happening on the level it usually does at these events.

- At $14 a night, the price at ARC was right, but I would have gladly paid $30 a night to have a few courtesy docks and less cockroaches in the restrooms... and how about putting some trash cans throughout the campgrounds so people have a place to put their trash? One dumpster at the gate entrance. Really?

- The neighborhood surrounding the campground was a bit sketchy. When I asked the guy at the gatehouse if it would be safe to leave our boats in the water overnight he responded with "probably not a good idea... it's not the folks from out of town we worry about, it's the locals"

- Speaking of locals, I've been to TN a number of times and have always found the people to be overwhelmingly nice and friendly. I ran into more A-holes there than I can count on one hand.(none of them CCFans of course)

- A water park on the lake is great, but only if you feel safe letting your kids go there, which I didn't... besides, who wants to go to a water park and stand in line to ride a tube when you can pull one behind your boat all day?

- An abundance of sail boats in the marinas is usually a good indication that you may be at a good sailing lake but not necessarily good skiing lake.

- Not having a plan can be fun, but when you have 50+ people all going in different directions, a game plan, even a loose one, is helpful.

I don't want to be a downer, but I think this could have gone a lot better.

OK enough bitchin. Lets see some more pics!

only one thing to add- bring a boat that runs   
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 4:39pm
Many thanks to those that carted and pulled me or my gear around for the weekend, as always I enjoyed seeing the old friends and meeting some new ones. It is a great group of people, the boats happen to be not too bad either. Never enough time to just hang out under the best of circumstances and unfortunately an injury /illness/ trailer mishap or two is bound to happen along the way.

Unfortunately that hurricane came through at just about the worst possible time on Friday. That is the point where we should have had all the people and boats together at the same time. We could have gotten our introductions in, and worked out our individual and group plans/meeting places for the next couple days after some of us early arrivals had seen enough on Friday to be dangerous. Instead it was every man for himself to get the boat and family dried and fed and we scattered. Not much you can do about that. As for the lake/campground a dock wouldn’t have hurt but I am sure some portion of that lake (likely way down south) has got to have some skiable water. Living in a hotel I didn’t have any real trouble with the neighborhood or campground, but as I am not traveling with the wife and kids my standards aren’t real high. It was all close to the airport and hotels and rental cars were relatively cheap. In fact I got a free cab ride home from the bars Saturday, a free upgrade on the rental car and they didn’t charge me when I returned it without filling the tank. All in all I would be up for it again as a weekend trip but probably wouldn’t commit a week of vacation and pull the boat there for that lake, just because of the watersports not being ideal. Although I hear the two lakes out west of there are pretty darn nice...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 6:12pm
I know Norris has plenty of good water.

And by the way, Joe, Gail told me you were doing your best to lose your $4 sunglasses all weekend...well I couldn't let that happen, so they're in the glove box of my dad's boat. You will be reunited soon.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 6:16pm
What lakes west of there are you referring to Joe? Like Randy had said, Dale Hollow or Norris would both be really nice. They're east of Nashville however.

Norris would probably be easier for most people to get to (I-75 N of Knoxville), but I'm not sure about the campgrounds there. Dale Hollow is a little off the beaten path (1.5 hrs off I-65), but is a beautiful lake with guarenteed smooth water. Both lakes are plenty deep as well.

I think JBear can vouch for Norris.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

What lakes west of there are you referring to Joe? Like Randy had said, Dale Hollow or Norris would both be really nice. They're east of Nashville however.

yeah thats them I just had no idea what I was talking about

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 7:17pm
Love Dale Hollow but the only campground I know of is at Wolfe River. You also have to remember and Cumberland are just big hollers they dammed up. That means you usually have a long curvy ride down to the lake on a road that ends in the water.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

That means you usually have a long curvy ride down

Sounds just like Nashville to Me I'm In!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2012 at 3:33am

Nothing like it anywhere...for us at least. This July will mark our 37th straight year. Over 40 for my brother..AirTique98.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2012 at 10:29am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Nothing like it anywhere...for us at least. This July will mark our 37th straight year. Over 40 for my brother..AirTique98.

john

Sounds like we have our lake guide.
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 1:33am

Norris is the greatest and jbear can steer you to a campground that comes with a motel, swimming pool, and boat docks. Knoxville is also a short 40 min' drive away for Quinner, Hollywood, and the rest of the crew that enjoy the night life. Only time out of the question would be the last two weeks of July when our Ohio ski club takes over the whole place.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 1:55am
June is good, penciling in something in June next year. Of course I'm not a fan of moving east since the point of CCF reunions is the boats and most haven't seen mine ( of course I'm asuming there are lots of people that do).   Some good water is nice since we don't have these boats just to look at.

Anyway, just thinking out loud since I'm southwest of almost everyone.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 12:02am
If you are looking to keep the mini reunion in the central Tenneessee are you might want to look at Joe Wheeler State Park on the Tenneessee River located in Rogersville, AL. It is not that far from Nashville or Huntsville. We used to have antique boat shows there.......good facilities. Hotel on water, ample docking, resturant and other marinas to travel to to eat at.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 121314
  Share Topic