NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 engine loping

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Peter6000 Peter6000 wrote:

Detonation is always a concern, that's why my next step is to add 2 knock sensors for early warning. However the MS3X can run closed loop and has a emergency shut off system to prevent killing the engine while tuning.
I started a post on my conversion If somebody is interested I can post all my findings.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42211
And yes i tried all these LPP/HPP/plastic clear tube/ IAC/MAF no luck.
Peter

I'd put it all in one thread, say the one you started.

It might be good to link the posts by some guy with the same name from the Megasquirt support forum into that thread too

Good info and pictures in those posts
curiouslibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 2:27am
Ok I finally got the IACV in the mail and went to put it on and noticed the wire that connects the IACV also connects to this black thing on top of the throttle body that has wires going to it and has a circular hole that I don't know if there is a piece missing from the hole or if this is normal and should look like it does. I'm hoping one of you experts on here can tell me what this is and if this is normal on a GT-40 engine or if I'm missing a piece that is suppose to go into that hole?

W
i
l
l

"Don't argue with idiots, onlookers will not be able to tell the difference between the two of you, as the idiot drags you down to their level and beats you with experience."
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 9:21am
Yes your missing a piece. I'll bet you can't buy it separately. That is the throttle position sensor. Must be adjusted if you replace it too, you'll have to look that up.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 9:36am

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 4:56pm
I checked for a new throttle position sensor and the new ones don't have a cover on them either! Since the boat has been running fine except for the looping that the IACV should fix, I'm going to hold off on getting anything for the TPS until I test the motor with the new IACV. I was just shocked to see an opening on the top of the manifold when I took off the cover.
W
i
l
l

"Don't argue with idiots, onlookers will not be able to tell the difference between the two of you, as the idiot drags you down to their level and beats you with experience."
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 9:17pm
I don't understand how a GT-40 could run without a TPS.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I don't understand how a GT-40 could run without a TPS.

of course it isnt, he's being missleaded.

Will, go ahead with the IAC valve, forget about the TPS for the moment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2018 at 12:44am
One more question. The iacv came with a new gasket there isn’t a packaging film I have to take off is there? One side has lettering on it while the other side is just plain gray and uniform in color. Does it matter which side goes toward the iacv?
W
i
l
l

Peter6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2018 at 2:26am
The TPS is still there its only the top cover that is missing, I don't think that would create a problem unless its a vacuum leak easy to test run in idle and cover the hole with your finger if you feel suction or the idle changes it is a problem.
If replace it you need to adjust it as mentioned earlier the procedure is in the Pro Boss manual. You need a multi meter to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic