NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone been to Bull Shoals Lake, AR?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone been to Bull Shoals Lake, AR?
    Posted: February-17-2012 at 8:52pm
Looking at another drought down here and starting to explore options for lakes within traveling distance. Anyone been to Bull Shoals Lake, AR?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 11:01pm
You need to start peeing of the end of the dock!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 1:59am
Trust me I do my part.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 4:17am
Ah come on, you got a bunch of rain last weekend and more today(yesterday). Still a long way before summer but you may be just fine

Never been to Bull Shoals, sorry can't help there.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 2:54pm
SN206,

We spent a week last year at Norfork Lake, which is just east of Bull Shoals and is in that chain of lakes along with Table Rock. It was an absolute beautiful place with a ton of clear, smooth water and was very deep, 100' at times about 20 yds off the bank. This year we are going to make the trip to Bull Shoals and give that a try. From the looks of it on Google Earth, Bull Shoals is about 2-3 times as large as Norfork, so I am assuming that it be just as good, if not better than Norfork. If you check it out, there are so many fingers and coves that you can find glass calm conditions everywhere. I absolutely loved Norfork, and cant wait to head to Bull Shoals this summer. I know one thing, Norfork was awesome, so if your hesitant on Bull Shoals, I would highly reccomend Norfork. Oh yeah, and it was hot as sin down there! Maybe we'll see down there

Mark
levin
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 5:12pm
Thanks, planing on taking a Correct Craft, a Nautique, and Sanger up there for a week on a house boat. Never been there before, but hear it is nice.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Ah come on, you got a bunch of rain last weekend and more today(yesterday).

Yes we did!(Thank God!). Depending on the lake though, we're are still 8-16 ft below level. Drought forcasted through next year.:(
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 10:07pm
Sounds good Ryan, post a date when you guys decide to over there. We have no idea when were head'n down there, still checking out resorts.
levin
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 12:22pm
I have a cabin on bull shoals, once you go there, you won't go anywhere else. Best lake on earth

95 Ski Nautique GT40
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 12:51pm
Ryan,
I grew up in AR and have been on all the lakes a few times. Bull Shoals is very nice - rock bottom so it is some of the clearest water you will find. I spent alot more time on Lake Ouachita just outside of Hot Springs - this would be alot closer to you in Ft. Worth coming I-30 from Dallas to AR and it is a great lake at +/- 40k acres with no docks/houses on the water and 100s of islands for great camping and seclusion as well.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:23pm
Hey Luke, since your familiar with Bull Shoals, do you know if there is a course anywhere on the lake? We are going to be staying at the Waterfront Resort in Lakeview. Thanks
levin
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 3:00pm
Since you're staying by the marina/dam, I'd try the cove near Pontiac, there was a floating course over there, but it has t been up in years. Occasionally in the cove to the west of point 19 there is a floating course that is up on holiday weekends. Again I haven't seen that one up in years. We haven't put ours in the water in years, the fishermen will. It buoys and such.

What weekend/week are you going down?

Short answer to your question is no, I haven't seen one in years. If you ask at the marina or dnr they will tell you about the one in skiers cove or point 19, referring to the one we uSed to put in

95 Ski Nautique GT40
vondy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 3:52pm
Ryan I have to second Hot Springs, 4 hour straight shot from my house in East Dallas. I know I mentioned my brother lives there. You have 3 good lakes right there. De Gray, Hamilton and Ouachita. Both De Gray and Ouachita are state parks so no body living on them. Ouachita has a rock bottom and is very deep. Lots of good camping. You'll never have an issue with the bottom, it was several feet down last year when we went camping but still dropped almost immediately to 40 feet right off the bank. Average was more around 60 ft and down to almost 300 in spots.

De Gray is closer and we always find it pretty quite. There's almost always a calm spot to find too. I'd take any of these lakes on a rough day over a "calm" day on Hubbard.

Ouachita last year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic