Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Icebreaking

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CMA211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CMA211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icebreaking
    Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:35am
Picking up my new for me boat this weekend and can't wait until the ice is off the lakes, usually late April around here. Few years ago got a different boat, and was a little to anxious, so we took it out and ended up ice breaking (about an inch or two) in some of the protected bays. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, kind of fun! Although a bit of a pain because I had to winterize the boat again...
DakotaCC
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 5:46pm
I would think that would be a little rough on the gel coat?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 7:14pm
Kind of worried about being stuck out there and having to paddle back in. Not a lot of other boats out there to lend a hand:)
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 10:34pm
What boat are you picking up? show us a photo,   where do you ski? do you ever ski @ the pros over their by you ? forgot his name
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 10:36pm
Ty Oppenlander ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 9:12am
NG,
I've done plenty of ice breaking but not in any of my classic boats. It's always been in an Alumicraft loaded full of decoys, dog and guns to get out to the duck blind!!! And, a box of shear pins and pliers!!! Post some pictures of the damage.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
CMA211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMA211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:31am
Going to pick up my SV 211 today! Will have some more patience with this boat. As far as the gel-coat, it was just a stern-drive brand X boat so no biggie, but no didn't hurt anything, but did get a few stares from shore. Don't know Ty, not much of a water-skier, but maybe he belongs to the club in Sioux Falls that does shows at Catfish Bay. We have a house on Lake Brandt, 30 miles north of Sioux Falls. Mainly into wake boarding, at least until I do enough damage to my 41 yr old body to have to quit!
DakotaCC
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:52am
Sorry for some reason I thought you were in Michigan?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic