NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keith's grandmother?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keith's grandmother?
    Posted: March-06-2012 at 12:24pm
Keith,
I just saw on the home page a memorial to your grandmother ?

Our condolences...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 2:11pm
Yes sir Keith, It's never easy losing a family member and she must have been a very special lady to place a memoriam on the home page. Very sorry for your loss.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 3:52pm
Thanks guys. She was in hospice for 42 days so it was no surprise but still a difficult time.

From about age 7 until 15, I spent every day of summer at the camp (i.e. cottage - we call them 'camps' in Maine) on the lake with my grandparents. My parents would drop my brother and I off at the camp the day after school got out and we'd stay until the day before school began the next fall.

My Dad grew up at that camp, I was raised there and now my kids are being raised there. Those summers on the lake is where I got my love for boating, water-sports and the outdoors in general.

I owe a lot to my grandparents for making me the person I am today. My grandfather passed in 2004 and it's amazing my grandmother held on another eight years.

The homepage tribute was as much for my Dad as it was for me. He spent nearly all of the 42 days with my grandmother once she went into hospice.

We had the services this past weekend. She would have turned 94 this summer.

Thanks again,
Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 8:12pm
I'm sorry to hear that Keith. Your grand parents certainly passed on their love for the lake to your dad and you.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:45pm
My Grandparent's home is where I remember seeing the sun shimmering off the water, like diamonds, the first time when I was maybe 3 or 4.
Their place made me love the lake forever. My Grandfather passed away a couple years ago. I went to his former home after his burial. Cried my eyes out. We owe them a lot.

Sorry for your loss, and our thoughts are with you, Keith.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 1:44am
My sympathies to you Keith.

If I could have had one of those many summers, it would be more than what I have had in 50 years.

Count yourself fortunate to have such wonderful elders.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 1:47am
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

My Grandparent's home is where I remember seeing the sun shimmering off the water, like diamonds, the first time when I was maybe 3 or 4.
Their place made me love the lake forever. My Grandfather passed away a couple years ago. I went to his former home after his burial. Cried my eyes out. We owe them a lot.

Sorry for your loss, and our thoughts are with you, Keith.

Mike

My grandma had a boat on the lake but never let us go out. We just fished from the shore and fried out brains out sitting in the trailer house while the boat was beckoning us on the dock.
Keith has very good memories. Hard loss. Would have liked her for a grandmother just one summer.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 2:08am
In our thoughts and prayers Keith.

All here owe your Grandparents quite a bit.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 10:10am
My sincere condolences Keith.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 2:52pm
Tribute to my grandfather at our lake in ME:

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 3:13pm
Also count myself as one of the fortunate to have spent a majority of my summers as a kid at Gma's & Gpa's "Cottage" on Candlewood Lake in CT. GP'a (Quintin Quincy Quinn) was the Association president for many years, eventually my Dad carried that torch as well.

My passion for boats, skiing, outdoors and the East all developed from the Lake and the Cottage, Greatest memories for sure!!

Gone but never forgotten, sorry for your loss.

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 8:34pm
Sorry to hear the passing of your grandparents. Thoughts and prayers for you and who are suffering at this time..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 12:14am
Keith, Sorry for your loss. Always remember all of the great memories of being on and around the water with your Grand Parents.

My Grand Father water skied well into his early 80's. I remember skiing with him when I was a kid and swimming with him at Lake Wylie near Charlotte where I grew up.

I still have the 1955 Johnson 10 hp motor he gave me that he taught me how to ski with on a small aluminum boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic