Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

aftermarket ballast

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aftermarket ballast
    Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:41am
I have purchased a Correct Craft 226 but unfortunately it does not come with the fitted ballast tanks. Is there a way that these can be fitted now? Or is it a case of buying a fat sac and sticking it in the back? Ideally i would like to flick a switch and it does it for me instead of having to ask people to move whilst I pump it in and out!

Any thoughts from CorrectCraft veterans would be much appreciated.

Regards

Spartan
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:25am
Have a look here for some ideas
http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-packages/wakeboard-ballast-systems

They have lots of options and will be able to give help on what you can fit into the 226. It will be using fat sac's though rather than hard tanks but that should not be an issue as usually you can get more weight in with a sac than the factory hard tank.
Any install will involve making a hole in the hull for the inlet if you don't already have one, don't tap into the raw water inlet. you can use the bilge pump outlet for emptying the sacs as long as you put a check valve in the line to stop your bags from filling your bilge when you empty them. Using one of the Jabsco(or similar) reversible pumps would make for an easier install.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:26pm
Spartan, try going to planetnautique.com and searching "ballast install" and you will get all kinds of info.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 4:32pm
you don't have to go to planet nautique to find good ballast info. Theres enough people here that know how to do a good ballast system job. And wakeworld is a far better ballast source than PN.

wakemakers.com is your absolute best bet. A kit is a really nice way to go with aftermarket ballast systems for sure. They are pretty easy to do. I have done a handful of systems. The scariest part is drilling a hole in your boat!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic