Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help need battery isolation switch and bilge pump
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help need battery isolation switch and bilge pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help need battery isolation switch and bilge pump
    Posted: March-17-2012 at 4:56pm
Hi guys

got my new 2012 , 200 today

The boat has red battery on/ off switch in foot well

My boat is kept in the water. Do I turn the battery red switch this off every time I finished using the boat, and is my bilge pump still live? (the bilge states fully automatic on the label)Im afraid i turn off the battery switch and i have no bilge pump

(the boat has no seperate ' bilge on' silver switch like the 206)

Also i tried turning off battery switch filled area around bilge pump with water 2 inches but pump did not kick in? Is there a seperate float switch which may be in a dry area and therefore did not activate the bilge pump? confused??

the pumps seems to be wired directly to the battery

help appreciated

thanks guys
laurie
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 2:25pm
OK, not 100% sure but > 90% sure you have whats called a "computerized bilge pump" Also know as a piece of shizat. Anyway, how it works is on resistance. There is a timer circuit in the pump that cycles the pump every four minutes or so. If the impeller has water and the pump senses that resistance it will continue to run until that resistance is gone/ Capice?

To see if it works at all find the fuse on the battery or switch, it will likely be brown with a tracer and the fuse should be within 7" of the battery or switch. Unplug, wait a minute and re-plug it in. The pump should run for like 10 seconds. There after it should run a few seconds every four minutes or so.

The good is there are no floats to foul and one less wire connection.
The bad is that they suck, are unreliable and suck batteries flat just for fun.
Per ABYC that pump should be hot at all times. I'm betting Nautique has it wired through the Perko switch and it's dead with the switch off.
Its a new boat, tell the dealer you want a proper bilge pump that you can trust the boat to with the batteries off and check manually when you feel the need. Like when you are taking on water!

Hope I helped.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 4:20am
Thanks

The pump works manually

I undersdtand the red battery islolator switch turns everything off however the bilge pump is wired DIRECT to battery therefore i guess Nautique have wired the Manual wire instead of the Auto wire ( 3 wires, auto, manual and neg) to the battery i will check
laurie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic