NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

84 SN Trailer Dimensions Needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
verdi1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verdi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 84 SN Trailer Dimensions Needed
    Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:19am
Hey guys you have seen me on here before practicly begging for someone to lead me on to a trailer for an 84 SN but my search has been fruitless so now I am looking at buying a new EZ Loader trailer and need some help with dimensions. These trailers are fully adjustable but I would like for the factory to have mine set up for me upon receipt.

If someone has a #3 with an 84 SN sitting on it and could take some measurements it would be much appreciated. Also looking for someone who has the full length trailer where the stern of the boat is still sitting on the bunks and not hanging off.

Dimensions I am after:

Total trailer length
Centerline of axle from rear of trailer
Height of bunkboard as measured from the ground to top
Centerline to CL between bunkboards at rear of trailer only
Inside fender to fender measurement
Clearance of bottom fins to top of axle/crossmembers

Thanks for any help!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:34am
Just found a couple quickly:

nautique trailer

Inboard boat trailer

'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:44am
Come on we tried to sell you all kinds of trailers
Lakedog55
verdi1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verdi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 6:28pm
Just trying to get this back up in the list, anybody out there? Thanks
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:04am
Phil - I have an 84 that I am working on and it will be coming off the trailer on Friday or Saturday. I can get you all the measurements you need.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
verdi1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verdi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Phil - I have an 84 that I am working on and it will be coming off the trailer on Friday or Saturday. I can get you all the measurements you need.

Jeff- That would be great, I really appreciate. My email is pverdi@monteithco.com or cell is 704-241-8532 Hopefully I can return the favor somehow.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:14pm
Phil - here are the dimensions you wanted:
1) Total length from hitch to rear bar is 252"
2) Centerline of axle from rear of trailer is 77"
3) Height of bunkboard as measured from the ground to top is 31" at the axle
4) Centerline to CL between bunkboards at rear of trailer only. Tough to get centerline so... outside to outside is 51 1/2", inside to inside is 44 1/2"
5) Inside fender to fender measurement: 75"
6) Clearance of bottom fins to top of axle/crossmembers - sorry boat was already off the trailer when I did this but I'm sure I can come up with some pics that will help.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
verdi1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verdi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 6:26pm
[QUOTE=ny_nautique] Phil - here are the dimensions you wanted:
1) Total length from hitch to rear bar is 252"
2) Centerline of axle from rear of trailer is 77"
3) Height of bunkboard as measured from the ground to top is 31" at the axle
4) Centerline to CL between bunkboards at rear of trailer only. Tough to get centerline so... outside to outside is 51 1/2", inside to inside is 44 1/2"
5) Inside fender to fender measurement: 75"
6) Clearance of bottom fins to top of axle/crossmembers - sorry boat was already off the trailer when I did this but I'm sure I can come up with some pics that will help.[/QUOTE

Jeff- On # 6 no need for a picture if I could get this measurement: say you put a straight edge across the top of the bunks and measured to the top of the crossmember/s, I assume they are all the same?

Thanks, these are a great help!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 5:14pm
Here are a few more dimensions, with pics.
The total length of the bunks is 169 1/2". The axle is at 76" from the rear edge of the bunk.
At the axle, the bunks are 48 1/2" from outside edge to outside edge.
The bunks are 29" from outside edge to outside edge at the front.
The front crossmember is 15 3/4" below a straight-edge spanning the bunks.
The center crossmember is 15 1/4" below a straight-edge spanning the bunks.
The rear crossmember is 18 1/2" below a straight-edge spanning the bunks.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
verdi1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verdi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 8:39pm
Jeff- Thanks for all the help, you planning on keeping that trailer? Let me know if not, think I am going to start collecting and refurbishing them to avoid others dealing with the same headache I have on getting one used.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 9:39pm
Yes, keeping it. I'm planning on cutting out the diamond plate (what's left of it) and refinishing it in the next few weeks.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2014 at 4:29am
I have a rough mud map of the main chassis that I used when rebuilding my 89 trailer if that would help. It was basically a plan view.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic