NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NOAA and scanner apps for iPhone- cool!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOAA and scanner apps for iPhone- cool!
    Posted: April-02-2012 at 12:27pm
Wow- there are multiple NOAA emergency radio apps for the iPhone- what a neat thing I'd never even think of looking for. Might save your life on the lake! This one app "Emergency Radio Free" has all the local police and fire feeds as well. Amazing!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 11:42am

NOAA has a good App. I would also recommend the Red Cross's weather radio too. Sold at Best Buy, it has a lithium battery, a AAA battery back-up, solar charger, wined-up charger, and even cooler can charge your phone for an emergency call when the power is out. I learned about it and bought one after our recent bout with the 14 tornados we had here in North Texas last week. Many people get trapped in there shelters and homes and their phones go dead before they can contact services and family.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 12:27am
Joel, have you found one that will go of like an alarm. I've got one but you have to turn it on for it to work so it's not very usefull in the middle of the night if I'm asleep. We're a bit far south and and the terrain isn't generally concussive to many tornadoes, but flash floods and large hail and straightline winds are fairly likely around here this time of year.   
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Joel, have you found one that will go of like an alarm.

The one I mentioned will and was @ $45.00. It will even get my attention while sleeping, and that is impressive.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2012 at 3:26am
Looks like it will come in handy in the next 24hrs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic