Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My roommate lost 12 friends saturday night

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1989SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My roommate lost 12 friends saturday night
    Posted: April-09-2012 at 12:40pm
EDITED: Information Stated Below is Partially or Entirely False:

y roommate is a US Marine. I met him after he got back from duty in Afghanistan, with two burst eardrums from an IED attack. He was sent home early due to the injuries. The rest of his company (19 other Marines) were scheduled to come home Easter Sunday. They were on an Osprey approaching the Kuwait boarder saturday night, on their way to fly to Germany, and then home. Their bird was hit by a Taliban fired stinger missle, crashing less than 5 miles from the boarder. 12 men from his company were killed, not sure how many others were on the plane. He had to notify two families celebrating Easter to tell them their sons had been killed.

The story hasn't made the news cycle yet. I don't even know what to say other than "wow, that ****ing sucks". This is the first time I've had to even think about the fact that my country is at war. I don't really know how to deal with this, and I don't even know these men. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Thoughts and prayers to everyone else who is over there, hope you come home safe.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 2:15pm
Terrible thing to hear and especially with this happening on Easter Sunday. All you can do is pray for the families of this unit and keep the faith. Hard road ahead for your roomate as he has lost some close friends. So sad to hear this news. I'll keep you, and all those involved in my prayers.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 10:59pm
We do all V-22 Osprey mishaps at MCAS Cherry Point NC.
My son is in Afghanistan now.

That's not even close.

Airforce V-22. From Hurlbert Fld. Fl.
4 dead 3 military, 1 civilian
16 hurt

Looks like the pilot flew into the ground, trying to fly very low @ night.

Very,very sad!

32 years with the Navy/Marine Corps.
I have a knife on my desk that I took off my Division Officers mangled body at the crash site. The knife reminds me everyday to be careful with other peoples lives.   

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 11:40pm
The suicide attack last Wednesday in the Northern province of Afghanistan killed three GI's. I served many years ago with one of those soldiers. He had a family. He was an all around great guy, and an excellent soldier. He and his comrades will be missed.
1989SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 3:03am
Wow, guess I got it wrong. I didn't even think to question whether or not he had his facts straight, he was bawling his eyes out looking at a picture of the guys he served with. Don't know if he got the whole story and embellished it, or if the rumor mill got ahold of it first. My apologies for posting misinformation. I probably won't mention it to him, if he exaggerated on purpose, I'm sure he had a reason to do so.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 6:58am

TJ,

It's 4:00 am and I can't sleep.

It's OK man, at lease you care.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Polar Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polar Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 1:14am
If I may....

I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to those of you who have served, currently do serve, and your families for the sacrifices you have all made for the sake of this country. Please know this guy is very grateful for all you do.

It's a different kind of service, but I am also thankful for the Cops and my fellow firemen for your service here at home.

PE
1996 Sport Nautique

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic