NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Correct Craft Tranny Problem?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 12:21am
Cool boat! It's a '70 though- the hull changed in '71.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 1:23am
Boat looks good too
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 1:34am
I like the boat to!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 1:48am
With the exception of the windshield this looks alot like JohnB's boat,same color,same engine. Matt are there any rope guides mounted on the deck in the back corners or front,can't see any in the picture. And whats the deal with these hulls,do you have to have one to live in the Carolina's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
repieces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote repieces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 2:15pm
Thanks guys! As for any rope guides, I'm not sure what you're referring to. There's something centered on the back deck that's shaped like a parabola......it keeps the ski rope from catching on the vent outlets and tie down anchor.

As for the hull comment, I'm guessing you see these types of hulls in the Carolinas?
1971 Correct Craft
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 7:00pm
I'm just kidding you about the boat,it seems every time one turns up it's down there.Correct Craft really had the market sewed up down south. As to the rope guides I ment these on the back corners and there are two similar up front

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
repieces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote repieces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 9:40pm
Oh ok. Mine doesn't have the rope guides.
1971 Correct Craft
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2012 at 2:22am
Hi, glad you joined the site. I just found this thread with the help of Gary S. He has a fantastic Mustang, but you can tell that by the photo he posted. Check out his diary.
Gary is right, your boat is very similar to the 70 I am freshdning up. Mine also has no chocks. It has a H/M engine and no horn on the deck. It also has the contoured glass windshield rather than the style you have. Since yours is original I am interested to find out where the horn is located. I removed an electric horn from inside the "snout" behind the starboard grilles. I thought it wasnt original, but I am starting th think it was. Can you help? I would love to see some more photos of yours when you have a chance to take them.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

repieces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote repieces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 11:32am
Alright, so I dropped the trans and bell housing back in the boat Thursday afternoon. Put the fluid in it, changed the spark plugs, and filed the points Friday morning. Never missed a lick all weekend. Boat ran smooth and everyone's happy!

Just wanted to say thanks to all that have helped me with this! I'll be back at the lake again this weekend. Gonna put it in the water and cruise.
1971 Correct Craft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic