NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which boat to buy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
roadkingpuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which boat to buy
    Posted: October-05-2005 at 1:22pm
I just sold my 87 SN; primarily because like most everyone else, as I get older I want a smaller wake to negotiate for slalom skiing. My question is: is there a significant difference in the wake size of the 90 - 96 SN's ? I know they made a hull change in 97. Is the 97 - 99 SN wake size significantly better/smaller than the 96? I'm thinking I would look for a 90 or 91 if the wake is essentially the same as a 96. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2005 at 1:36pm
Go fer the '97, especially if you're not skiing 36 mph anymore. Else you'll have to find a different brand boat.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2005 at 2:23am
The Sport Nautiques throw a huge wake.. 94 is awesome.   Plenty of room, etc. I have a 92 SNOB, it throws a good wake, not as big as the 2001 series did, but good. We put Fat Seat Lounge chairs on the each side of the engine about 350 pounds, couple people in the boat, works well. more people the better. but the hulls on the 91-94 are about the same in the 19' 6"

any questions, holler!
tc
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2005 at 2:24am
oh wait..you want to salmon ski.. the wake is still great with NO weight in the boat.. flattens out nicely for salmon runs.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2005 at 3:02am
Roadking.

IMHO there is no noticable difference in the
waterskiwake of a 90-96 SN. 93 forward, CC eliminated wood from the stringers using a
composite stringer system. The dash pods
evolved throughout 90-96. Horsepower increased throughout the period as well.
If I recall, TBI was intorduced in 94 and
multi-port injection in 95. The 90-96
is a great ski wake, much softer, smaller
and with less rooster than your previous boat.
I've skied several of these models regularly.

However, when it comes to a water ski wake,
the 97-2001 rocks. It really is much better
than the 90-96. Most have 4 blades and the
310 HP GT-40 producing lots of hole shot. Once up, flat soft wake, small rooster, and
very little spray. Boat also has more interior room than the 90-96 models. I owned
a 98 and loved that boat.   

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic