Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski D.I.M

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski D.I.M
    Posted: April-26-2012 at 12:15am
Hey guys I just wanted to say that the guys over at ski dim are great people to deal with I know that it is hard to find good people, thats because they are all at ski dim

Thanks
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 1:02am
I agree!!
83Ski
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 6:43am
+1

Great service and shipping to Belgium never is a problem...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 12:57pm
I'll agree with that. Vince and his wife(and the rest of the team) actually care about their customers and making sure they're happy. May not always have the lowest price in town, but in my opinion good customer service is worth something in today's business climate and if its a few extra bucks so be it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Foot_Fungus Foot_Fungus wrote:

I'll agree with that. Vince and his wife(and the rest of the team) actually care about their customers and making sure they're happy. May not always have the lowest price in town, but in my opinion good customer service is worth something in today's business climate and if its a few extra bucks so be it.

I absolutely agree but do shop around. I don't feel over a 100% price difference is a "few extra bucks"! The latest example is the danpner plate in the other thread.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Foot_Fungus Foot_Fungus wrote:

I absolutely agree but do shop around. I don't feel over a 100% price difference is a "few extra bucks"! The latest example is the danpner plate in the other thread.   

Bad example, Pete. SkiDIM doesnt sell the $100 Sachs damper at all (though I wish they did!). They offer the PCM damper for the Velvet Drive (p/n R140001), which is competitively priced with other marine parts sources.

Marine Parts Source

First Choice Marine
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Marine Parts Source

First Choice Marine

Tim,
I correct myself. However, I see Skidim does offer a Sachs plate for $101. Yes, I was not comparing "apples to apples". Thanks for the correction.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:00pm
Oh youre right, they do carry it... but they advertise it as a "GM Small Block" damper, despite the universal bolt pattern. Weird.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:33pm
Tim,
Do you think the GM would fit a Ford 351?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by anthonylizardi anthonylizardi wrote:

Tim,
Do you think the GM would fit a Ford 351?

It appears to be the same universal Alta/Sachs damper sold by EBasicPower, so I would say yes.

Dampers are generally specific to a transmission (input splines) and fit many types of flywheels. This one is for a Velvet Drive and should work with both GM and Ford.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:51pm
Anthony,
Just go to EBasicPower to be sure. Who knows, maybe SkiDim put the wrong picture on their site? Besides, it's $10 cheaper!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 3:08pm
Same price with the 10% SkiDIM discount!

The one beef I have with ebasic is that they will ONLY ship to the billing address, no exceptions. Most parts (damper included) wont fit in my PO box, so that is a real PITA.
NC_Tique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC_Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2012 at 12:09am
I just purchased my front and rear seals from them

Super fast shipping and great to talk with.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2012 at 8:28pm
I have personally known Vince and Karen with DIM in SC for 20 plus years and have been a long time customer. They are VERY closely tied to the PCM plant in Little Mountain SC. They have always been super nice and always honest and helpful and will go the extra mile for great customer service. They have tons of knowledge and are true watersport people. One of the first classic boat shows I entered my mustang in they drove 2 hours to come see it and see the show put on by the ACBS. I won first place in Classic Glass that year for my Mustang. Great Folks you can't go wrong there !!   
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 12:30am
It is very good to see that there are still people who take pride in there jobs
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic