NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique in new Ford commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by kenowja kenowja wrote:

Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

yea but, they don't go all the way, normally just to about 80k miles right?

No, My dad's got a 2003 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel, and the only thing that has gone bad was a electrical problem due to a weird broken connection. its over 150,000 Miles on it....

I fail to understand your logic with the milage?? Dodge doesn't make the diesel engine. They have to buy it from Cummins. That should tell you something but it obviously didn't sink in!!???

One of or tool makers here has 385,000 on a Cummins - of course the rest of the Dodge truck is a piece of s*** and falling apart!

I personally have 275,000 on my 1995 GM diesel!

Granted, but the chevy will explode beore the cummins, and like i said, my dad's truck is still in perfect condition... his isn't falling apart, and his CUMMINS is still going to be perfect for along time... don't talk to me on how good a truck is, unless you take the same care for any truck, and see how they would hold up, because its not all about how the truck is in shape, its how you drive it...
Jake
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 3:47pm
Guess who owns Cummins?

answer: FORD
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Guess who owns Cummins?

answer: FORD

What do you mean Ford owns Cummins...like literally owns Cummins financially, or "owns" Cummins figuratively as in their engines are better.

Regardless I would have to disagree with both.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 5:12pm
Pete, don't take any grief from the guy who bought an Aztec...

Cummins (CMI) is a publicly traded company. I'm not aware of any ownership by Ford.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 7:29pm
The combo that should have been used.

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 9:19pm

its not all about how the truck is in shape, its how you drive it...

Its a truck, If you cant beat the crap out of it there is a problem!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

its not all about how the truck is in shape, its how you drive it...

Its a truck, If you cant beat the crap out of it there is a problem!

Dave,
Reading between the lines here, evidently you really have to "baby" the Dodge trucks by how you drive it so it doesn't fall apart.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2012 at 12:04am
My Dakota went 200,000+ with few problems. I hauled the boat without trailer brakes, 500 + sg feet of hardwood flooring multiple times, drove it across snow covered lakes for fun, 2000 pounds of sand in the bed once (luckily not far), and then let my teenage have it for the last three years. No need to baby them. Maybe hes just scared.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 2:57pm
nope, not at all... just saying that you should take care of your truck... I did not say baby them, its how well you maintain them, cause you see, you have to regularly maintain a ford, so it won't break down, and dodges, well you don't have to do much... change the oil... and put gas, or diesel in it, and you are set for along time!
Jake
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 3:54pm
Stop now child, you're making less and less sense.
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What?... well if you wanna call me a child, ok, thanks ... well any way... im not a child, and i still think dodge/Ram/Chrysler has the best Truck, car ( the car being the viper and the challenger srt8 yellow jacket), and the van, even though i don't like driving vans...
Jake
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic