Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spark Plug Wires?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spark Plug Wires?
    Posted: March-30-2004 at 3:02pm
Is there anything special about spark plug wires for Marine engines or will standard automotive wires be ok?

Thanks!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2004 at 3:05pm
They are the same, use what ever brand you want.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2004 at 3:45pm
my unilite instructions said no stainless wires and something else (spiral core maybe?)

other than that, you do want to make it purdy and run the wires down the front of the motor and under the manifolds. car wires will be to short to do that.

i got a marine set of 8.5's at napa for 50 bucks.

danman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 12:35am
I have a set of Taylor spiro core wires on my 351W - I ordered the universal set, that way I could cut and terminate my own wires to the
exact length I wanted. They were only $40 and they are really good wires
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 12:50am
Do you have a stereo in your boat? If so, you might want to use graphite core wires. If you don't care about static interference, and you want performance, use 8m.m. copper wires. I turn my stereo off when the motor is running,there is no sweeter sound.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic