NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-star blues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-star blues
    Posted: May-17-2012 at 11:02am
My friend bought a new xstar end of last year. This week he got it from dealer and launched, short ride around the lake...oil pressure rise, engine light come on, oil turn to milk...I believe the dealer told him it was a head gasket, 13 hrs on boat, I'm concerned it's cracked. Opinions?
Brian
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 11:27am
I's say his "buy a new engine" light came on.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 11:56am
Well sucks but that's what warranties are for. No way I'd let them replace a head gasket, I'd fight to replace the entire engine.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 11:56am
Could be, hate to see him lose most of the summer over it
Brian
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 12:37pm
Is tht an indmar or pcm??
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 12:43pm
woulda been x-star blues only indicating that he bought an x-star. The motor issue definitely makes it worse.

Indmar, I believe.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 12:54pm
Unfortunately our long time cc dealer switched to Malibu and centurion and we have tige mc centurion and supra on the lake. They all use the same power plants and I can't tell the make when they drive by anymore lol.
Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Indmar, I believe.

MC's now use Ilmor exclusively (starting in '12... both Indmar and Ilmor were offered in '11).
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 1:46pm
Pretty sure it's an indmar 2011, 343 hp sound correct?
Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by hotboat hotboat wrote:

343 hp sound correct?

No, thats a PCM hp level (Excalibur). Indmar didnt publish hp ratings, IIRC, but their MCX has a "350" on it that everyone assumes is the hp (though it more likely is a reference to the cubic inches).
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 1:56pm
That's it mcx 350, does a dealer carry insurance to cover a mishap like this if it froze?
Brian
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 5:19pm
Probably but you'd be better off asking the dealer and not a CC forum.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 5:50pm
I believe they are putting a new motor in at this point, that just leave getting everything aligned and correct, my advice to him is buy a new boat by the end of warranty....
Brian
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 5:51pm
The dealer question was really intended for the guys on here affiliated with dealerships
Brian
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2012 at 6:32pm
Not cool it failed so fast, but Cool he is getting a new engine, instead of long drawn out repair process.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic