Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 SN 2001 Windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baysport22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baysport22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 SN 2001 Windshield
    Posted: May-24-2012 at 10:20pm
I bought the windshield glass for my 83 ski nautique 2001 through nautique parts/ white lake marine. the glass has no curve in it but is a littlbe bit flexable. The base of the windshield frame has a curve to it about a 2 inches. So am i suppose to flex the glass 2 inches to get it into place??!! Im afraid its going to break!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2012 at 11:11pm
Scott,
I'm sorry to hear that you went through White Lake and not your local glass place. I'm sure you paid dearly for it. I'm also sorry you didn't check here first. Yes, the glass is flat and bends when it's put into the frame.

Anyway, a big welcome to CCfan. Our normal question for anyone new is: We want pictures!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
baysport22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baysport22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2012 at 11:23pm
thank you for the response. I will try bending it a little more i just dont want to break it. Thought maybe they sent me the wrong thing. I have an album of the floor being redone i will upload. Boat is still in progress.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 1:57am
Scott,
Pete is correct. I took mine apart to paint the frame. It is kinda scary. Get a big table. A soft cloth to lay over the table. soapy water, rubber mallet and an extra set of hands.

Make yourself a paper pattern just in case you do break it.

good luck.
83Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic