NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new England Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new England Reunion
    Posted: June-01-2012 at 9:28am
I know it's early but some have to put in for vacation time to make this happen. Are there any ideas of what the date of this grand function might be this year?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 11:54am
No idea if Keith is planning on doing an official reunion this year. I know GL will only be "unofficial".

I am planning to do another CT mini though... pencil in the weekend of Aug 25th. Details will be forthcoming.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I am planning to do another CT mini though... pencil in the weekend of Aug 25th. Details will be forthcoming.

Wahooo!!

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 3:53pm
Tom, Are you part of the group that skis at jacks pond in Thompson?

They invited Blake but I don't know when they ski there.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 11:14am
can i take it there is no reunion at northwood lake this yr?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 11:23am
Correct: 2012 reunion announcement

Originally posted by CorrectCraftFan CorrectCraftFan wrote:

After six consecutive summers of official CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions in the Midwest and Northeast, we’re sitting 2012 out.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:02am
Hey Guys,
I'm just at the initial stages of thinking about any CCF gatherings this year. I'm not yet sure what they will look like. I am really thankful and happy that people all over the country have taken on hosting these events themselves. Whatever I do this year, it will not compete with the already successful, established events but rather, support them in anyway I can.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:08am
It's time for another Lanier romp as well.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hey Guys,
I'm just at the initial stages of thinking about any CCF gatherings this year. I'm not yet sure what they will look like. I am really thankful and happy that people all over the country have taken on hosting these events themselves. Whatever I do this year, it will not compete with the already successful, established events but rather, support them in anyway I can.

Thanks,
-Keith

Keith, Long Lake Marina in Naples, the new and only Nautique dealer in Maine in years, said they were interested in hosting a reunion.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28122&KW=naples&PID=361308&title=new-nautique-dealer-in-maine#361308
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Keith, Long Lake Marina in Naples, the new and only Nautique dealer in Maine in years, said they were interested in hosting a reunion.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28122&KW=naples&PID=361308&title=new-nautique-dealer-in-maine#361308

Not sure if you can get there from here.. But I think I would like to try.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:52am
I'm guessing maybe a bit under 8 hours for you Joe, I think it's only 2 1/2 for me. You're always welcome to drop/store a boat at my place if that helps.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:01pm
If you like travelling on interstates, you can't get here from there unless you go through Massachusetts. Going east west in northern New England is only possible on 2 lane roads, well you might get 3 lanes on big hills.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I'm guessing maybe a bit under 8 hours for you Joe, I think it's only 2 1/2 for me. You're always welcome to drop/store a boat at my place if that helps.

I think Joe was just deploying some "Down East Humor" rather than really expressing any doubts about getting there. We all know Joe can get anywhere, any time, 83 in tow. As a brief resident of Maine, not only am I familiar with "Down East Humor" I have actually been to a live performance by Marshall Dodge. (I am guessing Bruce is probably the only one on here who knows the significance of that)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:10pm
A little bit of both some down east humor and some holy cow Google maps wants to send me way down across and then up… I can drag on the little blue line and take off 70+ miles and add 20 mins to the drive.   Which I would probably do one of the two directions just to see the world and avoid all that wicked traffic down around Boston.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:13pm
Larry, You're the only person I know that can claim that. You must have seen him at college. He is the father of down east humor, but then we had Tim Sample after him and now Bob Marley, although I think Bob Marley is more western Maine than downeast. Google Bob Marley Upta Camp.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

A little bit of both some down east humor and some holy cow Google maps wants to send me way down across and then up… I can drag on the little blue line and take off 70+ miles and add 20 mins to the drive.   Which I would probably do one of the two directions just to see the world and avoid all that wicked traffic down around Boston.

I've driven out your way a ton over the years, plus the norhern NH route, etc. I'm with you, even pulling a boat I'd go the more direct route. You can go north "over the top" of the White Mountains, but if it was me I'd go either 101 to the seacoast and up 95 into Maine or on Rt. 25 by Winnepesaukee.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:27pm

Yes that was it Bruce, Pickard Theater at Bowdoin. Funny stuff. I bet if I dig a little I can find my Bert and I album.

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Joe,

Having made the trip from New Hartford (Utica) to Brunswick ME about 47,000 times...

90 to worcester
290 around worcester to 495
495 to 95
95 to "points north - maine" as the sign says.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:39pm
Larry, didn't Marshall Dodge go to Bowdoin? As much as Bob Marley will make you cry laughing, more so than Dodge, I think Dodge's humor was better.

It's all 6 to one, half dozen of the other. The northern route is much more scenic.

Naples is about 1 hour 45 minutes from the Hampton, NH toll booth. Get off at the Cabelas exit on the Maine Turnpike and take Route 114 north and it will just about put you in Long Lake Marina's driveway. It'll be interesting to see if they actually do want to sponsor a reunion.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Having made the trip from New Hartford (Utica) to Brunswick ME about 47,000 times...

90 to worcester
290 around worcester to 495
495 to 95
95 to "points north - maine" as the sign says.

Agreed unless youre hitting Worcester anywhere near rush hour... in which case, just stay on 90 until you hit 495. <5 min difference if no traffic... but rush hour through Worm Town can be brutal.

Im not sure which northern routes are being considered, but 90 to 87 to NY 7 (through Troy), which turns into VT 9 (through Bennington) is a nice drive (not bad with a trailer)... at least until you hit NH. Havent taken it all the way through NH to ME.
65Cuda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:28pm
in all honesty, cutting across 290 doesn't save you any time when trying to get over to 495...I would just stay on the pike and pay the extra 60 cents for the toll and jump on 495 a little further down. I just made that trip. I see more staties on 290 than I do on 495,really must keep the speed down going through worcester.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im not sure which northern routes are being considered, but 90 to 87 to NY 7 (through Troy), which turns into VT 9 (through Bennington) is a nice drive (not bad with a trailer)... at least until you hit NH. Havent taken it all the way through NH to ME.

That's it, nice drive, I like the Troy to Bennington to Brattleboro to Keene to Concord route. Then you can choose to go a few miles south and cut across 101, fast and easy, or go north on one of several scenic routes.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:35pm
When I didnt have the extra $5 for tolls in the 70s I would take the northern routes (7 and 9). Yes it was a lovely drive, but in the interest of towing and time, I think I would opt for the highway.

Bruce, Marshall Dodge went to Yale. Was killed in Hawaii in 1982 when on his bicycle, got hit by a car. He did however, start an art festival at Bowdoin starting in 1976.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by 65Cuda 65Cuda wrote:

in all honesty, cutting across 290 doesn't save you any time when trying to get over to 495...I would just stay on the pike and pay the extra 60 cents for the toll and jump on 495 a little further down. I just made that trip. I see more staties on 290 than I do on 495,really must keep the speed down going through worcester.

290 is definitely quicker by a few min (no traffic), but youre right- its close. The section right through Worcester can be a little tight if theres traffic, and down right ugly if anywhere near rush hour... so 495 might be the preferred trailering route most of the time.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 2:21pm
Maine is actually a very easy place to get to and there are far fewer people here in the summer than anywhere else. Lake George at the NE Reunion in mid September was busier than this place gets 4th of July.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Maine is actually a very easy place to get to .....

I'm guessing there's a guy in Antarctica that says "it's actually a very easy place to get to"!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 4:04pm
Maine is easy for me

If circumstances wind up with anyone needing a boat shuttled from Boston area up towards Naples, let me know. I make that trip regularly during the summer.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 4:16pm
I see you guys want to keep the Riff-Raff from south of the Mason-Dixon Line away.....Good Job, eh?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 4:54pm
It didn't work for the Benjamin reunion....That Nautique RV sure does get around and it's usually loaded with Rebels!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 4:58pm
So are we Rebels declaring to take over the Benjamin camp this year? I'm in!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic