NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skunks?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skunks?
    Posted: June-05-2012 at 9:55pm
It's been several moths since I've suspected I had a family of skunks living under my back yard shed but last night it was confirmed. My wife had the dog out for a walk and guess what!! Thankfully she had a can of tomato juice in the cupboard.

Short of calling in a pro to set traps, does anyone know how to get rid of them? I have one neighbor I'm not too thrilled about and I'd gladly sent them over to his house!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 11:09pm
We had family of skunks under the house and every time you flushed the mamma would let us know "a little"

5 weeks and they'll be gone.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 11:50pm
Moth Balls. It works.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:02am
Pellet gun does the trick, not noisy, have to have some patience, but this does seem to be a do your self group.
Pete, sorry I am not close by as I would be better at skunk elimination than boat fixing, thats why I am always on here trying to educate myself.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:15am
Call Vexcon, the other Hill Billy.
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 3:34am
Gammo, make a pretty quiet rifle. It can kill a raccoon at 30 yards, one shot. I prefer a .22-250 in my yard, but it isn't quiet.

I'd imagine the clean up would stink after shooting, even with a head shot.   

In all honesty, I'd get those gopher bombs and just about anything I could think of to make the residence uncomfortable. It wouldn't take a skunk long to move along into the neighbors yard.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 9:32am
I did some googling and found some interesting ideas. Evidently moth balls are illegal. You now have to keep them in the proper package meant to hang in your closet. It must be some EPA thing!! Shooting is also a problem. With my neighbors within site, they'd have the cops over in no time. The method that sounds real interesting and will be set up this afternoon is light. They cant's stand it and will not nest in a lit area. The under side of my shed is going to be lit up like a Christmas tree!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:21am
I think for $4 at Wal-Mart, I'd risk the chance of a EPA officer walking through your back yard. I'm sure there is something in the shed or in the shop that would fetch' in some heat from the EPA anyways? Plus you won't have to worry about mice, spiders, squirrels, or scorpions either.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:44pm
Don't forget to take some video. It will be like a CCFan version of Caddyshack.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Don't forget to take some video. It will be like a CCFan version of Caddyshack.

Yes.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 4:12pm
Billy Says "Smoke em Out"

Billy the Exterminator Busted for Pot
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Billy Says "Smoke em Out"

Billy the Exterminator Busted for Pot

WOW didn't see that coming!!    
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 4:28pm
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The method that sounds real interesting and will be set up this afternoon is light. They cant's stand it and will not nest in a lit area. The under side of my shed is going to be lit up like a Christmas tree!

Park Quinners boat back there and play some of that sh*t he listens to,might even get rid of that neighbor
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The method that sounds real interesting and will be set up this afternoon is light. They cant's stand it and will not nest in a lit area. The under side of my shed is going to be lit up like a Christmas tree!

Park Quinners boat back there and play some of that sh*t he listens to,might even get rid of that neighbor

Well, I've got 4 reflector floods set up under the shed. I hope it works?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 12:04am
Now they'll just migrate to the house!! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic