NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damn pubic transportation!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn pubic transportation!!
    Posted: June-15-2012 at 10:55pm
The last two days I had to go "down town" - Chicago for a 10 hour OSHA refresher. BIG time damn PITA!!! The biggest issue is using public transportation. Run on time? Delays due to "track maintenance"? Me not looking close enough to when express trains run?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 10:58pm
Sounds like our "MARTA" here in Atlanta! Trains either breakdown, late or they are performing "maintenance". But I guess it is better than fighting traffic and paying for parking when you HAVE to go downtown.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 11:00pm
Thst is the second biggest issue, the first is the mandatory Osha class which I have no doubt you could instruct. We have to legislate for the lowest common denominator. At the very least you should be able to test out. As a parameic I had to take 4 hours of infection control every two years. How many ways can you say where gloves and wash your hands?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 11:01pm
Don't even get me started on light rail.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 11:26am
The MBTA in Boston is certainly no picnic. I've commuted on it for most of my working career. Of course, the job I've had for the last year requires me to drive. With all the traffic, I sure miss the T!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:01pm
And, I didn't even mention the parking token machine at the station that screwed me for an extra dollar two days in a row!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:11pm
Pete....I have to say, the Metra train from Cary to downtown "normally" runs like clockwork. If the schedule says the train is due at :08, it is usually right on time. Do you take the Northwest line down?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:13pm
You were not "screwed" Pete, You were blessed with an extra opportunity to pay your fair share, or maybe share an extra fare.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:40pm
Dave,
I didn't go Metra. I took the Skokie Swift and then the purple line. Coming home yesterday I found out the hard way that the purple line only runs to the loop during the morning and afternoon rush periods (I got out of the OSHA class at noon). Of course I found that out when waiting on the platform for 30 minuets and not seeing a purple train!! I ended up walking over to State st. and getting on the Red line. Of course that cost me an extra $2.25!!! BTW, The CTA employee's are always very helpful!! Where do they get them???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Dave,
BTW, The CTA employee's are always very helpful!! Where do they get them???

Pete.....I think the CTA recruits their employees from the Bureau of Motor Vehichles

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Dave,
BTW, The CTA employee's are always very helpful!! Where do they get them???

Pete.....I think the CTA recruits their employees from the Bureau of Motor Vehichles

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 12:01am
We can only dream of having such luxuries as public transportation.

Heck the other day I actually had to stop at one of the 3 traffic lights downtown. You would think the could time them better...

(and you've made fun of me for living in the sticks )
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 12:16am
LOL Steve...

cows and orange trees here...gotta love it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic