Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Beaching Method

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mrwillya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwillya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative Beaching Method
    Posted: June-18-2012 at 3:44pm
Was out this weekend doing some skiing and boating. Saw this "alternative beaching method." Don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon.

They ended up towing it out about 24 hours after it happened with this boat.

Apparently he blew a .24 for his BAC. That's a little over the limit of .08 here in Iowa.

After a few minutes of making sure it wasn't going to sink, he cranked her up and drove off.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 5:17pm
BAC? booze related?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 5:36pm
Happens from time to time at night... Usually indeed booze (BAC-blood alcohol content) related. We have a wetlands area on my lake down on the south end.. only direction with no houses and therefore no lights. We had a "gentleman" and his lady friend leave the local bar in a similar "go fast" boat a couple years tear out of the south end heading north full speed in the dark. He got himself turned around and hit the wetlands area fast enough to make it a good 200 feet on land. The never did ticket him.. we figured they must have decided to let him off with "time served" (a couple months in the hospital IIRC)
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by mrwillya mrwillya wrote:

Was out this weekend doing some skiing and boating. Saw this "alternative beaching method." Don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon.

Apparently he blew a .24 for his BAC. That's a little over the limit of .08 here in Iowa.

After a few minutes of making sure it wasn't going to sink, he cranked her up and drove off.

Nice having those automatic kick-up out drives!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 6:43pm
Ha, what lake was this on? Jeremy, what part of Iowa are you from?

On a serious note, there was a collision right in front of our boat club yesterday afternoon. Four or five people thrown from the boats including a 10 month old baby. One passed away, a father on father's day. I wasn't there, but the guys said one of the drivers was pretty well drunk and driving his jet boat...not a good combination on a narrow river.
mrwillya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwillya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Ha, what lake was this on? Jeremy, what part of Iowa are you from?

This is on the Coralville Reservoir. I am from the Cedar Rapidsish area (Anamosa to be exact).

Fortunately (and amazingly) no one was injured in this accident.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 6:53pm
That's a very lucky accident!

Any chance you're selling the 76 Tique in Anamosa? One of the members here was talking to me about it but I didn't have any more info on the rig.
mrwillya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwillya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

That's a very lucky accident!

Any chance you're selling the 76 Tique in Anamosa? One of the members here was talking to me about it but I didn't have any more info on the rig.

Negative, my only boat is a 1985 Ski Supreme.

If you aren't local, I can always drop by and check it out some night and take a bunch of pics for you (of the boat).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic