Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to CCFan

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
IslandBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to CCFan
    Posted: June-24-2012 at 12:20pm
Hello, I joined last night, and thought id post and say hello. What a great site. So much information that is both relavent and helpful. Last fall I purchased a 1971 Correct Craft Barracuda(at least i was told it was a 71). I have not found a Hull information plate located in the boat, so im not 100% sure. Got it from a DIYer, and most of his work shows. Im working slowly on restoring it, but until last night have not been able to find a lot of good information about these older boats. Someone told me before I purchased it, that the definition of a boat is:A hole in the water that you throw your money. I don't see it that way, and hope I can restore this boat and not have my wife feel they were right! Im sure I will have lots of questions for you all as it progresses, Thanks again for such a great resource.

Bob
1971 Correct Craft Barracuda
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 12:47pm
Welcome Bob and glad you found us. Information is second to none and the guys here ain't half bad either. Don't be afraid to ask anything even if it appears to be dumb. The dumbest question asked is one that wasn't? The guy's here will give you honest opinions, sound advice and friendships that will last a lifetime should you choose to make the effort. Only word of warning with the boatnic's here is PIC'S, Pics, and more Pic's. Nothing tells a story of what you have then Pic's get them up so we can see what you got and can give you the best course of action. Another Correct Craft saved is music to many an ear here and we look forward to restoring her with you!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 4:04am
Welcome Bob, This section is used mostly for new ccfan site business. Start a new thread in the general section with pics and more info about your "new boat" and any questions you have. Can"t wait to see it.

Dave
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 4:37am
Welcome Bob,
As Dave said, open a new thread under General and put up some pictures of your boat and motor and someone here will chime in with the year. Then you can stamp a plate with the correct year for future reference.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic