NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too hot to boat!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too hot to boat!
    Posted: July-17-2012 at 7:11pm
No kidding, have the day off & it's 100F - Kids want to stay in the AC, so do I for that matter!

Reading CCF posts is a good alternative!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 7:36pm
You can catch up on the ccfan posts all winter, get out on the water!!!!
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

You can catch up on the ccfan posts all winter, get out on the water!!!!

Diaper up and get in the water!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 8:27pm
Low 50`s and would like to be out there boating, rather than busting my a## at the office!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

No kidding, have the day off & it's 100F - Kids want to stay in the AC, so do I for that matter!

And in 4 months when you're shoveling yourself out of a foot of the white stuff you'll be kicking yourself for not going out on that 100'F day.

C'mon Man!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 9:07pm
Kap take a vaca, can hook us up
Brian
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 9:16pm
You guys are right! Tomorrow I'm hitting the lake, even if it is by myself. The water level is getting very low here, & it is turning bright green from the algae blooms!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 9:30pm
Buy a plastic prop cheap then u don't hafta worry?
Brian
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 9:49pm
I don't even have the option to get out in the boat. Yup, 100 here too and I had problems on the plant floor. I'd say 85% of my day was out in the plant. HOT!!!

One thing for sure is my next electric bill is going to be real exciting!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
N2Deep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2Deep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 10:17pm
100+ is when the water is the most refreshing - Headed to Lake Powell tomorrow for a few days. I never pass on going to the lake unless the winds are 20mph+ then I stay home.

My time here on this planet is limited and everyday I loose 24hrs to do something fun and enjoy my family.
1991 SN pulled by a 2010 Tundra
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 12:25pm
Tough to cool off when the water is 88 degrees.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by N2Deep N2Deep wrote:

100+ is when the water is the most refreshing - Headed to Lake Powell tomorrow for a few days. I never pass on going to the lake unless the winds are 20mph+ then I stay home.

My time here on this planet is limited and everyday I loose 24hrs to do something fun and enjoy my family.

100* in the midwest is far different than 100* in NV or CO. Our humidity at that temp is brutal. I was just in No. Idaho for 10 days. Every day it was 95+ but with 10% humidity, it is far more tolerable than here...
Mike N

1968 Mustang

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 1:21pm
I pull the kids and jump in every stop i make to cool off, sometimes they need a little help falling but thats ok, last week they kept letting go to cool off themselves. Water is down 18" from peak spring levels, fun to watch all the boats hit the sandbar now...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
N2Deep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2Deep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Originally posted by N2Deep N2Deep wrote:

100* in the midwest is far different than 100* in NV or CO. Our humidity at that temp is brutal. I was just in No. Idaho for 10 days. Every day it was 95+ but with 10% humidity, it is far more tolerable than here...

True - I grew up in STL and wouldn't want those summers again, but normally you don't get 100+ very often - here we will see 100-115 for most of the summer. It has been as high as 123 a few days. But I am glad we don't have the humidity. The lake Temp is normally 80+ in the summer and is still refreshing when its that hot. Growing up my dad hated the lake when it was over 110 - but us kids loved it and could spend all day out there- the heat didn't bother us. Now I understand his point of view.
1991 SN pulled by a 2010 Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic