NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre cut myself

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre cut myself
    Posted: July-20-2012 at 9:34pm
I've mentioned it before that I might as well pre cut myself before working on a truck or car. It's inevitable that I at least end up with a skinned knuckle!

The trucks blower motor has been acting up on me for quite some time. I have been getting away with just wiggling the wire going to the blower but it finally went out completely. GM's have had issues with their resistor boards so I went after it. 2 hours later tearing the dash apart getting to the damn thing only to find out it was fine! It turned out to be the blower control relay that is actually accessible by just removing the glove compartment!    I got the blower to run (this time by wiggling the wires to the relay) and within less that a minute the relay was hot to the point I could barely hold onto it. Well, I going back at it for another 2 hours to put the dash back in!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:33am
I've seen your truck Time for a new one
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 10:02am
Gary,
Besides the body going, (never store you vehicle in a heated garage in salted road areas) I have at least 150,000 left on the diesel. Besides, I haven't gotten my "package" yet! BTW, my package is what I put into my retirement fund. You are very lucky.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 2:40pm
Pete....you had me worried there for a second. I thought maybe you pulled a Jbear with a filet knife.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:03pm
Or was being a parts changer!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Gary,
Besides the body going, (never store you vehicle in a heated garage in salted road areas) I have at least 150,000 left on the diesel. Besides, I haven't gotten my "package" yet! BTW, my package is what I put into my retirement fund. You are very lucky.

Well I like to think luck didn't have anything to do with it but I do feel very fortunate.I know the newer help won't have the same end results. You also don't think about retirement when your 20,my Mom pushed me there because she worked there at one time. I do know guys that I personally worked with that have been robbed,and others that have had guns pulled on them. Sometime when I see you I'll tell you the story about the time I was in a guy's apartment,he jumped me from behind and told me he was going to kill me or the time a woman lawyer was going to show me how to do my job and proceded to fall thru her ceiling So in addition to the dangers of the job,you ran into,on a personal level all types. The last 10 years were way different than the first 25,if I had to do all over again I'd jump at the chance.I think only Com Ed could come close. I know Jbear would agree
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:26pm
The new relay is in. The thing was $30.00 at Napa! At least I had my "True Blue Loyalty Card" filled out with 5 purchases so I got $10.00 off!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:58pm
I hope it blows COLD air.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

The last 10 years were way different than the first 25,if I had to do all over again I'd jump at the chance.I think only Com Ed could come close. I know Jbear would agree

Agreed......

The early years as a residence installer were crazy fun..never knew who or what you were gonna run into. The last 10 years in Cable Mtc. were the best.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic