Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to obtain loan value on classic boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ThatNautiqueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNautiqueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to obtain loan value on classic boats
    Posted: August-29-2012 at 9:25pm
I have a 75 Ski Nautique that I am selling and the guy cannot get a loan from his Credit Union because their NADA values only goes back to 78. The loan officer says it has to be NADA or KBB value. Anyone know of the best way to handle this?

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 9:30pm
Owner financing?
ThatNautiqueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNautiqueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 10:21pm
Well the guy lives in Minnesota and I'm not willing to do that. I want the cash if ya know what I mean.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 11:37pm
He should get a home equity loan.
Tim D
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Does anyone in this brave new world have home equity anymore? Just kidding (mostly). Good idea...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 12:42am
Personal loan ? If i may ask, whats the selling price?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:18am
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Does anyone in this brave new world have home equity anymore? Just kidding (mostly). Good idea...

Home equity line is the way to go....in our area, lowest rates in a while! That's how I am getting my next Correct Craft, Equity Line plus a little seed money from my Little Tique.....
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2012 at 2:28am
I financed it through my truck. I took out a small loan and paid the rest cash. Not the best interest rate, but I was able to get financing.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2012 at 3:26pm
on a 75 model boat?   I understand being short on cash, or maybe that boat is super pristine, but I'd have a really hard time borrowing on either my house or my cars to justify what I would assume to be a couple of thousand dollar transaction.   You know what they say about BOAT,   if you cant afford the first couple of thousand, how are you going to maintain it and put fuel in it? I digress... Another way around might be Paypal or some place that does a credit card transaction. If you do it this way, make sure you know what all the fees are for the middle man.   
rober10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rober10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 5:13pm
There are nothing about cars..
NADA and KBB just get their values in different ways and such. Usually, i would just average the TMV and KBB..
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

on a 75 model boat?   I understand being short on cash, or maybe that boat is super pristine, but I'd have a really hard time borrowing on either my house or my cars to justify what I would assume to be a couple of thousand dollar transaction.   You know what they say about BOAT,   if you cant afford the first couple of thousand, how are you going to maintain it and put fuel in it? I digress... Another way around might be Paypal or some place that does a credit card transaction. If you do it this way, make sure you know what all the fees are for the middle man.   

I totally agree!!!! We have been through this several times that "toys" should not be financed!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 11:02pm
Note this thread started in August....

Yup, if you can't pay cash for a 37 year old boat you need a cheaper hobby
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Note this thread started in August....

I didn't even notice!! But, one thing I did now notice is that "Rober10" post is spam!! See his link at the bottom? Cheap ass advertisement!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 6:34pm
ANyone with a car loan or boat loan should look inot penfed.org

rates are extremely low, i pay 1.99% on my used 2007 tundra.

they do boats too, but might not go before 1978.

could go the "personal loan" route also.

8.99% interest is tough.

https://www.penfed.org/Personal-Loan/
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 6:51pm
I would say if a guy can't pay cash for a 75CC that you really do not have a buyer at all.

So did you sell it? to the guy who needed financing? or????
This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic