Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody in the south NOT winterize?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 12:11pm
I'm pretty sure a decent auto parts store will have a few different sizes. Ask for a radiator drain petcock.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 12:24pm
they are 1/8" pipe thread and you'll need 5 total, one for each exhaust manifold a 90 degree bend vesrion for PCM manifolds, two for the block 45 degree bend and one for the elbow which is straight. The style Skidim sells are a lot different than what jameski uses and only require a quarter turn to open or close and are a ball valve style fitting. If you use a petcock style valve you'll make a mess draining the block because with the exception of the one on the elbow they all will drain onto the carpet and not the bilge area thus the need for 90 and 45 degree elbows.
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 12:35pm
On my 94 PCM 351 the block (2) and elbow (1) near the thermostat are 1/4" NPT thread, the ones on the exhaust (2) are bigger, I think 1/2" NPT. Elbows would be a good idea for both block and exhaust on this application.

Taking the plugs with to find parts is the right idea. Then you can be sure of the size.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 4:34pm
Don't forget to drain the transmission cooler as well.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 8:47pm
jameski:
Thanks for the pic. Like 79's idea about the 90 so they drain down. BTW: always liked those Commander manifolds....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 7:12pm
Dudes,
I'm sorry I missed this discussion. I'm on the south side of Houston and never winterize. Boat's in the garage. I pull the impeller if I think it's going to be a month till I fire her up again. Since my buddy's boat is on a lift on his private lake, I'm not running mine as much during the winter. Skiied last week and will try again on the 20th if it will warm a bit. You don't need drysuits here. Drysuits are for the north! My buddy skiied in a shorty on the 13th!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2005 at 10:46am
dude have you tried a drysuit? its pretty nice never stripping down and never being cold is soooo nice.. what private lake? lago? we ride there alot. my buddy has a house there. do you guys wakeboard? is your boat kim and perrys old boat?
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2005 at 11:16am
When I lived in Idaho we used drysuits. Maybe I had a cheap one, but I always felt claustrophobic and restricted in it. Since I'm a northerner, the water never feels too cold to me here. My feet and hands are what gets cold, and the drysuit doesn't help that. However, since you are a Senior Member, you live in Kemah, you have a 2001, and put your girl's pic on your boat page, I may reconsider and start looking to stay dry.
Bought my boat in Dallas from a Buxton Marine (SN dealer) which I had a wonderful experience with as opposed to my experience with the SN guys closer to me.
My friend's lake is very small--just big enough for a course--near the Field of Dreams sports plex. Not Lago, though I've been there and loved it.
I'm not much of a rider...getting too old. Mostly into slalom and have never even been that great at that...Just skiied my personal best: 2 at 32' off.

p.s. the best thing about your girl's pic is the glassy water behind her!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
emitchum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emitchum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2005 at 6:30pm
make sure the wedge plate is drained also, nothing worse than a cracked wedge plate
1979 Barefoot/454
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2005 at 8:54am
Petcocks...Two of my boats are equipted that way and it only take a minute to open them all!
One has the elbows as 79 mentions and does drain to the bilge...over the long run , it's worth the extra cash...both ways will work...one is better! At least have the block ones with elbows...they will squire out on the carpet...the others usually drain down.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic