NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kudos to my daughter...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kudos to my daughter...
    Posted: September-11-2012 at 4:24pm
for completing the three day, 90 mile Adirondack Canoe Classic this past weekend. Several months ago, her boss recruited her to be on their four "man" team. We thought she was crazy for accepting as she has enough on her plate and, since finishing her swimming career 5 years ago, hasn't been exercising a lot. But they trained hard all summer and she said, despite being a little sore, she had a blast and would do it again. Very Proud.

An added bonus to the satisfaction of doing this is that the lakes and mountains of the Adirondacks are beautiful. It is magnificant country and despite spending about 30 years of my life in upstate NY, I really didnt get up there quite enough.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 4:26pm
Wow, good work.

That sounds like an interesting race. Are they going through a type of canal in the pic?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 4:42pm
Not sure where that was taken, as I could not make the trip up to watch. I am guessing it is in the natural channel between Old Forge Pond and First Lake. Here is a little more info on the race.

Adirondack Classic
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 5:11pm
Congrats to your daughter!!! I think it was Chronical that did a segment on that race last year. Looks like a lot of fun. That course goes though quite a few bodies of water if my memory is correct. I wish I knew about it when I was in my twenties.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 7:55pm
Sounds like a blast. I should do it with my kids some day.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic