Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

custom fat sack back seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kchinn15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kchinn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: custom fat sack back seat
    Posted: January-08-2006 at 1:22am
So im building a custom back seat in my 88 ski nautique. Its pretty awsome because it will have storage room for my 400lb fat sack, and room for sitting still! Wooho for some floor space in my boat finally! I will post some pics of it soon.
Ride More, Work Less!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 8:53am
Originally posted by kchinn15 kchinn15 wrote:

So im building a custom back seat in my 88 ski nautique. Its pretty awsome because it will have storage

I'll look forward to the pics. I'm considering the same for my '80 American Skier, as the rear seat bottom sits on the floor. That combined with no storage along the sides makes it tough to keep things tidy.
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 3:26pm
I've seen one of these done but while functional looked pretty crap. But the upholstery was a bit loose so detracted from the final look of the thing.

Are you just buidling a box for the rear then custom back seat?

I was thinking of doing this but the look of the first one I say put me off.
kchinn15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kchinn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 6:08pm
Because im a boat mechanic i see lots of different boats, and i got the idea for the design from a 2003 mastercraft x-7, so to give you an idea of what its going to kinda look like, check out that boat. I will post pictures of it soon. I really think that this seat will be pretty awsome, and it will conseal the sack, so if i get pulled over by a river cop, thats one less sack they see.
Ride More, Work Less!
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 7:00pm
Verry interested to see what you come up with..hurry up so I can do my own back seat
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 4:11pm
I've been considering doing this exact thing in my '88 Barefoot, so I'd be super interested in pics. I searched for a bit for pics of the back seat of an '03 X-7 but came up empty. I want the fat sac compartment, but we've got two small kids so I REALLY don't want to lose the back seat. All of the conversions I've seen have turned the back into a deck.

My idea was to keep the seat as is, but remove the black plastic molding that is underneath it and build a frame for the seat to set back on. The space beneath the seat would be fairly shallow, don't know if I could get 400 lbs under it, but it would give some room for some ballast.

Post some pics man! :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 8:35am
i have been thinking of the same thing. i think im going to just mine a deck but you could buy flat tank and replace the black stuff, maybe raise the seat bottom.
http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=R-RV66W
cameo3145 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameo3145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 5:44pm
What are you going to do with your old back seat. I am intrested. Thanks
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by 882001 882001 wrote:

i have been thinking of the same thing. i think im going to just mine a deck but you could buy flat tank and replace the black stuff, maybe raise the seat bottom.
http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=R-RV66W

good idea
kchinn15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kchinn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 6:58pm
Well im sealing all the wood so i can carpet it soon as possible, so i will probably have pics up by the end of the week.
Ride More, Work Less!
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2006 at 8:34am
I noticed this boat in the diaries. That's basically what I want to do, but just fill the space with a sac instead of gear.

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2006 at 4:03pm
Same here Dank, that's exactly what I was planning on doing. Can't wait to get started.
kchinn15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kchinn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2006 at 6:48pm
Yeah thats kinda what mine looks like, but its custom fit to be in my 88 nautique, so it looks a little different. The project has been on hold because i got strep throat and the flu...really fun...I will get pics up as soon as possible
Ride More, Work Less!
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2006 at 7:33pm
I measured the seat area in my boat tonight and took a bunch of pics. I'm a couple steps behind you I think kchinn15 :) I'm still exactly sure on how I'm gonna do it, that's why I'd like to see yours. Did you leave your seat 3-piece or did you make a one piece seat?
kscarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kscarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 5:55am
kchinn15 - how's this project going? Would like to see the pics when your able to get them posted.
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 10:15am
i built a back seat for mine and the upolstry guy called me this morning to tell me its done ill put some picks of mine on here soon also
gotta love those old school nautiques
custom2001
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 12:23pm
Man 1time...where did you mount all those speakers? I've got two 61/2s mounted in the engine cover and two box speakers (don't know the size exactly, they were installed by the PO) under the rails near the back seat. I don't know where 10s would fit in my boat.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 10:39am
you guys have probably already seen this on the2001.com.....but I thought it might help you guys conjure up some cool ideas.

Erik's fat sac back seat
Life is Good.
hillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 2:32pm
I am thinking of putting lead under my back seat. The black seat base on mine had been cut open/out I always thought those storage holes had been there? I am thinking about 3-4 hundred pounds could fit in it?
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by hillbilly hillbilly wrote:

I am thinking of putting lead under my back seat. The black seat base on mine had been cut open/out I always thought those storage holes had been there? I am thinking about 3-4 hundred pounds could fit in it?

Lead is the best use of space in these boats as you can have your cake and eat it too. I use the fly high fat seat so I lose no seating and have a single rear facing seat to boot.

We have a place that sells it in 25kg(55lb) blocks..carpet and fit a handle to them and they are a nice way to weight your boat. These would fit inside the smaller rear compartnemtns that you guys are thinking of.

My '76 has a dirrerent arrangement. The seat is split into 2 with the middle section missing. I simply put my fat sac down the middle to the engine cover.

Will post pics if anyone is interested.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 10:16am
I have storage under my back seat. I have not but will be putting lead under there for weight.

In my boat the back seat cushion just lifts out and there is some room under it for storage. It is nice because you can pull the seat bottom out, set it on the floor and then sit and lean against the engine cover to watch the boarder.
Here is a link.
"url"http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3934"url"

I really suck at posting pictures on this site.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 10:24am
use lower case for "url" on both ends, it took me awhile adding the link to my signature and that's all I did to get it to work
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 12:45pm
I edited it but I still suck
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by jon4pres jon4pres wrote:

I have storage under my back seat. I have not but will be putting lead under there for weight.

In my boat the back seat cushion just lifts out and there is some room under it for storage. It is nice because you can pull the seat bottom out, set it on the floor and then sit and lean against the engine cover to watch the boarder.
Here is a link.
"url"http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3934"url"

I really suck at posting pictures on this site.

Try using the buttons the forum has to offer. The link button looks like a globe and the picture looks like a tree:

Link

jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 6:43pm
Thanks man. I will try to figure this stuff out. Anyways back on topic that is my back seat and it seems to work for me very well.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic