NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England Boat Show 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 2:14pm
YEP
Winter storm Plato may have deterred some folks from making the trip.
But Tim brought a crew from CT- Greg, Jay and Eic and I had my crew along (2 hula hooping daughters) and BIL Ian.

MacCallum's had a nice display and as always was very nice to see them and the sweet new rides they were showcasing- including a G23.

Tim, Greg, Jay, Eric- was great to see you guys again!

-Brad
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 2:28pm
Yup, very nice display at MacCallums!

Good to see you and the girls, Brad... sorry we got separated in the afternoon!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 2:31pm
nope        plowed snow. really wanted to get a discounted GPS for the formula
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 3:01pm
I was there from opening to about 1:30. That G23 they had on display is a monster. I got talking to James at the Long Lake Marine booth. He said they are working with a camp ground on trying to put something together for a CC reunion.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

... I got talking to James at the Long Lake Marine booth. He said they are working with a camp ground on trying to put something together for a CC reunion.

Interesting. Yeah, Long Lake Marina is right in Summer Camp Country.
It would be cool to have cabins etc. available.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 6:42pm
i gotta say im pretty excited by these benjamin mini reunions. If they keep putting them on, ill keep showing up!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 6:43pm
i gotta say im pretty excited by the idea of more benjamin mini reunions. If they keep putting them on, ill keep showing up! But id do a second ccf reunion
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 9:13pm
Hey Boston CCFANS!! I have a question. I am in Orlando. I am bringing my girls to Boston March, 27-30th, right after the SJRR 2013. We are touring Harvard Med, one of my daughters may attend. I am flying into Logan, and was thinking of taking a day to see "snow" (Red jacket inn??) I would rent a car. We will stay in Boston at the Double tree Cambridge. OR Royal Sonesta, both charge for parking ($30 +/- day)My questions, do I need a car (After the snow trip, 1 day) or should I save the cost of car and parking and take the subway? Would that be too difficult? Getting back to Logan? We will also see the local Boston historical sites. AND, if any local unique eateries are thought of? Other suggestions? THanks in advance, I worked in Manhatten, so not intimedated by mass transit or the crowd it draws.   Also, last time I was there I happened upon a steak house, Frankie's or Jimmy,s, on the Harvard side of Boston? Thanks.
Js
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 11:14pm
royal sonesta in cambridge is right on the river , try and get a river side room great view, i would eat at either the union oyster house or my favorite the original pizzaria regina. any other northend restaurant on your freedom trail tour, i would rent a car hop on rt 1 north onto rt 95 head right to north conway you can drive it in 3 hrs 3 to see mt washington and the valley then 3 back , you could even detour home from portsmouth nh down the coast to hampton /salisbury then back onto 95 south to boston. when you start planning p.m me i will help you with anything   peter
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:30am
No problem getting around Boston without a car. In fact, you're way better off without a car if you can avoid it. Downtown Boston and Cambridge can be frustrating places to drive around, even for us locals. But, the T works extremely well.

Further, much more of it is walkable than you'd think. Renting bikes is an option now too, and there are some cool routes along the Esplanade etc.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:18am
It is a tough call on the hotels. I think the double tree is most likely easier to drive to and from and is a straight walk to the red line but is the farthest removed from the city and the longest walk to the T. Brian is spot on in the walkability and driving. Haymarket T stop on the orange line is where you'll want to get off to go to the north end wand I recommend going there. I'll e-mail my coworker who lives ther for a top three pick as where to eat. You really can't go wrong. I highly suggest checking out porter square and Davis square. They are next two t stops after Harvard square. That is where a lot of students rent. The key to the T is inbound is Boston common is park street. The silver line will take you to and from the airport. And it connects to the red line
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:22am
Definitely dump the car after your out of town trips. I lived in the area for 12 years and always dreaded having to drive around Boston. Parking is hard to find, there is never a spot on the streets, garages are crazy expensive and its very hard to navigate around Boston. The T will get you just about anywhere very easily.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:32am
The Red Jacket Inn is a great hotel and North Conway is a good place to visit.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:35am
Peter, Larry and John, THANKS! The Sonesta seems the right spot for a fair price, so I think we will take that. How difficult is it to take the "T" (?) back to the airport, with luggage? (Minimal) And, Peter, while the White mtns and trip seem nice, not sure I am up to a 3 hour trip. We get in around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon. Anything closer? The girls just want to see snow. Based on all of your advice, I think I will rent the car, see snow, spend Wednesday night wherever that will be, head back to town, drop the girls with luggage off at the Sonesta, return the car and use mass transit to get back. Subway? Ferry? A shuttle? We tour the Harvard Campus Friday, 12 to 4. We fly home Saturday, 2pm. Leaving siteseeing for Thursday afternoon/eve, Friday morning and eve, and Saturday morning. Any suggestions for unique eateries or other "must see's" would be appreciated! Any of you guy's coming for the SJRR 2013?? Jerry
Js
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:39am
If you're thinking of going north just to see snow, better play it by ear as there's a good chance there won't be any by the end of March. We're having a pretty mild winter.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 11:42am
Minimal luggage shouldnt be a problem for using the T to get to Logan. There is a T stop at the airport and the stop is on the airport shuttle bus loop, so you can get dropped right at the terminal. Your hotel may even have a Logan shuttle.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:10pm
I should have clarified the use of the car would only be feasible for the trip north. you wont really see much spectacular in under 3 hrs but its a nice 3 hr ride. in n conway. there are a number of decent chain hotels. if you want an older quaint stay for a night the eagle mountain house in Jackson or any number of other places there. you could always go up the west side of new hampshire it seems a lot of people in the city and west of . go up to the loon area it might be 30 minutes shorter and a straight shot from boston. the woodstock inn and brewery is a good choice ,just review the rooms well there before deciding.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:19pm
Jerry,

Local snow might be difficult durring your stay. You'll have to see what the weather has been like to see if is any snow around. I travel to and from logan with lugage via the silver line and it not bad. From the hotel you would walk to the Kendell Square red line inbound stop. The fourth stop will be the south station stop. Get off there and go up to the silver line. The silver line will stop at every terminal Just give yourself enough time. Our T is not as reliable as the metro.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 9:23pm
Thanks again guys! Yes, It is a consideration for the lack of snow, so we were not to book anything for Wednesday arival until the last minute. If there was no snow, the decision would be to either go anyway, or pick another spot. The girls are very excited about this trip, and have been studying all aspects and possibilities. The Adventure of the adventure! We will be at the SJRR 2013 the weekend before our departure, so it is a much anticipated "Spring Break"! I have booked the Royal Sonesta, Riverview, per suggestion.
Thanks again for all of your help and input, if I can ever return the favor, simply ask!! Jerry Smith Will I see any of you at the SJRR??
Js
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 9:29pm
I just sent you a pm with a list of restaurants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic