NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody kick me in the pants...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Somebody kick me in the pants...
    Posted: January-11-2006 at 9:53pm
I need to get off my butt and work on my boat, but I can't seem to get past the fact that it's still winter. I'm lazy and I need a little inspiration & motivation. I'm counting on you guys to get me back in gear. Somebody kick me in the pants and get me out of my LazyBoy!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 6:00am
dchris, do we have to send you pictures of the women on Paul's Classic again !!! That's kept me motivated !!!! LOL... See the Green Lake thread...

Moj'
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 6:28am
Well if that doesn't work you've got a bigger problem than anyone here can fix.

Otherwise you ought to go check out a boat show, there's one in just about every city in the country in the next few weeks.

If you're a skier order yourself a tutorial skiing video. I picked up Lane Bowers barefooting DVD a while back and that gets me pumped when I need it. There's one from barefoot international called Hot Rocking II, that will get your blood flowing and there are some great wakeboard videos out too.

OR if you've got a "dickiedo" it's time to get workin on that.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 9:50am
dchris; You know how many of us have been following your story since you found that boat. That alone should be enough to get ya goin', we're all waiting for more progress reports and pics. If that ain't enough I guee Mojo will have to resort to posting Paul's pics again. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing Pauls beautiful boat again.....jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 10:46am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

dchris; You know how many of us have been following your story since you found that boat. That alone should be enough to get ya goin', we're all waiting for more progress reports and pics. If that ain't enough I guee Mojo will have to resort to posting Paul's pics again. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing Pauls beautiful boat again.....jbear

Well the boat was nice and all, but it was what was "Pirched" on the transom that keeps me returning to it !!! Hubba... I found it actually on the first reunion thread, not the GL one LOL...

Paul, have any more of those lying around you wish to share????

Moj'
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 11:32am
As an old schooler, who doesn't wakeboard, I can't help but think that all that weight in the back that the boarders use can't be good for the boat and have, in fact, seen articles talking about the potential damage. However, in Paul's case, I think I could make an exception.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 6:16pm
75 Tique; Old school myself, 55 years young, and we were "weighting" our boats with coolers of cold ones and babes in bikinis way before wakeboards were even thought of. Come to think of it, we never cared if our wake shape changed or not. Mainly 'cause all these old boats, like the '80, have terrible wakes anyhow. But we sure do love 'em...jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 8:45pm
Lets see...how can we motivate Dave...?
Oh I don't know...let me think...

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 7:15am
Hey guys.... I will work on those motivational pics! Its winter now and kinda hard to retrieve good pics. like that in the winter, the girls really have a problem suiting up to go out on the boat this time of the year. Cold enough to cut glass.(you know what i mean!)
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 8:16am
Well Chris, I'd post the picks of my wife skiing last weekend, but in a dry suit, I'm not sure how motivational that would be.

Aren't you the guy taking a group of Scouts out this summer. Think of how disappointed they will be if you don't get it done. Then think about everyone else out on the lake enjoying themselves, while you sit in the garage working on the boat because you screwed around all winter. Heck, your probably just watching TV fromt he Lazy Boy anyhow. Put a tube out in the garage and get to it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 6:23pm
BKH; I seem to remember some sort of "toga" pics of your lovely wife. Your wife is like mine, looks good no matter what. In fact around our old ski club in Ohio we always said we liked our women to "look good wet without make-up, be able to drive a boat for any kind of skiing and be able to back up a boat trailer. Mrs. jbear fills the bill on all accounts.

I just reread my post and I guess it does sound kinda sexist. Oh well.

jbear
ps; drysuit? in Sunny CA?
back doin' better?
"Loud pipes save lives"

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 9:30pm
dchris, being jealous as I could possibly get when you finally struck that sweet deal, I cant believe you are not working on her everyday! Whats going on!!??? Have a few cold ones, crank some tunes, and get with it!! Sitting in a Lazyboy only means extra weight where this summer you might need a larger engine to get her to plane out! Letting her sit means this summer you will have to go back to school again and take a class on "CRISIS MANAGEMENT".

That wasnt that harsh was it guys??
Maybe hes tired and will sell it cheap!! lol
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 7:25am
Alright, alright, I'm on it. I'm going to work on the floor and the rotten wood in the seats this week. It's true that I need to get it ready for the scouts trip. I also need to fix one motor mount and get some sort of pylon.

So, that said, I've been watching Detention I & II, a wakeboarding instructional video. It's really been making me anxious for the summer (not to mention the freakish warm spell we've been having in Indiana).

Now, I'm not a TV watcher. When I'm sitting down, I'm writing fiction and poetry. In fact, last week I wrote a poem about skiing. Check it out if you get a chance.Hit It: Yearning for Summer

Thanks for all the motivational speeches! If I don't post new pics to my site by next Saturday, feel free to bash me here!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 7:02pm
Don't listen to them dchris. I totally understand. I blew a seal in my trans last summer and it leaks fluid like a rusty bucket and I can't make myself pull the boat out of the water. I just keep addin' Dexron III. Heck, I've had to look around town for the best prices on Dexron III. Whenever I turn on my bilge pump the water looks like the Exxon Valdez just ran aground. I just look around and make sure no one is around to see where the oil slick is coming from. (Good thing I am on the Gulf huh?) Good news, I have control of my CC addition however and I now limit my daily use to one run at sunup with coffee and one run at sunset with a Rum & Coke. (Unless anyone else wants to go for a ride during the day.)

Later all... a 10 case shipment of Dexron III just arrived... the delivery man is honking his horn. (He may want to go for a boat ride.)
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 7:07pm
AWWWW come on Jim. Are we all going to have to kick you in the butt too??? lol.. Here in Maine we would be arrested for that. Thats the oil leak, not the rum and coke!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic