Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

knock sensor error?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: knock sensor error?
    Posted: April-28-2013 at 1:23am
Hello everyone,i have 2005 ski nautique 196 w/330 excal.At the end of last season the knock sensor see dealer message came up on the tachometer digital display.I assumed the knock sensor was bad and replaced it today.upon reinstalling the battery the message came back instantly.Any one deal with this issue? No check engine light and the boat runs great.Google search put me in some planet nautique forums but no real diag info there.Thanks,Brian
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 12:48pm
If its a hard stored code you may have to have it erased/reset out of the pcm by the dealer. I think there is some crazy way to do it with a ton of engine starts that I saw over on PN.

I know that code will also pop if you have excessive timing retard(I thought maybe over 10 degrees, but I can't remember exactly), What kind of gas are you running? Might have some old/low octane gas in it that needs to be burned out. Other than that I'd check the wiring with a wiggle test, ensure you have it firmly snug and dont have anything like teflon tape on the threads, which can keep it from having a solid ground.

If the message came back right away I'd think it just needs to be erased out of the pcm. Head to PN and see if you can find that reset sequence someone came up with.
'94SN Restoration underway...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 12:49pm
Is there a way to clear the message warning without a scan tool?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 2:10pm
Thanks for the info,we posted at the same time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic