Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another bimini top question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another bimini top question
    Posted: February-19-2006 at 12:52pm
I don't know if it's just me but I feel like I see some bimini tops that are short and squatty and some that an average height person could almost walk under. I like the ones that are tall (assuming I'm seeing things right). Can anyone clarify if I'm correct in this and if so who makes the ones that are taller?
Tate
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2006 at 1:44pm
You are correct Tate. Some are taller than
others. Also, some have much larger surface
area than others. I couldn't say what manufacturers produce each. On my Ski nautique, Mine was about 5 feet off the deck.
Made by a custom canvas shop who provided the bows and other hardware. Sunbrella fabric.
Seemed about he right height to me for that boat. On my current boat, bim mounts to the tower. It's just a bit under six feet from the deck so I need to duck a bit, but again, seems about the right height for the boat.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 12:19pm
This may be a duplicate reply as my computer is acting funny but thanks BKH. Five feet off the deck is definately the rough height I want. I'm heading to Orlando this weekend for a trade show and I may stop by SE and see if they can add any insight. Thanks again.
Tate
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 7:29am
Keep in mind that the higher the bimini is mounted, the less shade it will provide depending on sun angle...unless your goal is to provide shade for the fish.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 9:53am
Exactly David,

That's why I like the bims with large surface area. My first tower mount was small surface, but still mounted six feet. Didn't do much good.
The new bim has large surface area, and shades the driver and a couple in the observer's seat very well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 1:56pm
Sorry fish. The surprise is ruined. Everybody thank David.
Tate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic