NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking at a 1982 2001

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 12:48pm
1986 Ski Nautique - $9,900

Replacement engine, upgrades & labor - $7,000

Happy Nautique owner - Priceless!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 1:28pm
That's not this boat, is it? Check out this link below:

http://www.newenglandcorrectcraft.com/usedboats_detail.cfm?ID=309
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 1:34pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 1:37pm
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

1986 Ski Nautique - $9,900

Replacement engine, upgrades & labor - $7,000

Happy Nautique owner - Priceless!

Life is Good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 1:47pm
tcarden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 2:12pm
Looks really close but, no. The one I'm looking at doesn't have a 4 blade prop, and I don't think it has coming pads on the sides.
Looks like a long lost twin though!
tcarden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 2:25pm
Jimbo, I noticed that you are an investment advisor too. Cool. I thiink my son, Mason, will have a great time and take some pride in it.

Thanks
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

True 79, I should be more patient. I lost six weeks of the summer last year. I could only try so many things until rendering it to a professional mechanic. Two cylinders were toast and two were bad in result of a bad carb. My boat ran for an hour, then would just shut down. Eventually, gas mixed with oil and I got blow-by. The dipstick kept launching out of it's spot. The blow-by was so serious that raw gas shot out the exhaust and I lost about a half quart of oil through the dipstick. Blue smoke loomed from the rear.
Correct Craft indicated that the carb dripped gasoline into the crankcase, thus destroying the engine. I ordered another engine and I was on the lake in 2 weeks. Right now, everything is new except for my starter.

You are more likely to get gas in the crankcase from a bad diaphragm on your fuel pump than from the carb. You get gas stink, thin oil and lots of it, and crappy fuel economy with the bad pump, many people assume it's carb related and it's more often the fuel pump.
Bob Ed
83 2001
tcarden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 1:34pm
Pick it up this morning! Ran great! Shifted smooth and rior os like new. Floors solid too. Exterior is faded and quite a bit of dock rash. The trailer needs to be completely redone ie.. paint, bolsters, carpet etc. Pretty straight though, does need a little straightening but not much. We test drove it and all seemed good except for the bilge pump. Wouldn't work. He said it was working last year. Got it home and we must've left the switch on because it was toasted. So, gentlemmen the fun begins!!!!

Thanks for all of your help. I'm sure I will need more.

Just the sweetness of the pull is enough to overlook all imperfections.

I will be in the gararge for the remainder of the weekend sipping a cool one and admiring my new (old) Nautique!!!!!!!!!!
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 3:22pm
congrats Todd....spring is almost here!
Life is Good.
86SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:28pm
Hey Todd that is a good lookin boat. My skiing buddy (83SN2001) has the same color. Did the seller come off his $6800 "bottom dollar"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:28pm
Todd: Congrats!!!!!!!!!! You will LOVE it. The pull, the SOUND, the handling. Don't feel bad about sitting in it enjoying a cold one. When I lived up North me and my son would spend lots of time during the winter sitting in the boat in the garage.
BTW 82tique; Don't know what it means but I like the slogan at the bottom of your post!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
tcarden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 9:24pm
Thanks guys!!! Boat ran great. Trailer is in intensive care though, but Shouldn't take too much to get it up to speed. The guy I bought it from had glassed a good bit of the floor and stringers but it semms tight.. Some areas around the engine were cracked but tight, I think I'll need to go back and seal them a little better. Need help with the faded gelcoat on exterior.   I really would like to bring on a shine if I can.

Ride on!!!
tcarden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 9:31pm
86sn2001, He wouldn't budge! $6,800 take or leave it. At this point I don't really know if I did good or not. Time will tell. Great interior, Great running, Bad trailer ( but soon to be redone0, Rough exterior, issues with 25 year old engine???? Rust in threads etc... WHo knows? I just want it to perform for my 11 year old this summer to learn to wakeboard. That will be worth it and more!!!
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 9:41pm
Congrats man. I know how I felt driving mine home last year, and I haven't regretted it for a second. In fact, just the opposite, it keeps pulling me in deeper and deeper :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 12:14am
Cangrads on owning the finest skiboat ever made! Really, this thing can pull a house and look good doing it!
I've got 12-year old twin step-gals that love being pulled on the big float-y thing but haven't managed the courage to wake board or ski yet. It won't be long! By April, they'll be in the water again!
A word or warning, don't give it full throtle like you would with an ordinary boat pulling a skier. Ease on to it or you'll jerk the rope out of the skier's hands!
BTW I sent you an email
jamespearce78130@aol.com
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 11:21am
That is cool. I also have an 82 and love mine. It has been a good boat for me. I probably paid too much for mine but I dont regret paying what I did for it because ithas been a great boat so far.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 3:40pm
Congratulations. Part of the fun is tuning, tweaking and cleaning. Many buffing products on the market for your hull and graphics!! I made my '80 and '86 look like a mirror when I was done. Got to use some elbow grease! You'll have a great time with it. Send some pictures!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic