Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie with a 79 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79SkiTique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie with a 79 Ski Tique
    Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:55pm
Hello CC fans. I made my first Correct Craft purchase Saturday.
1979 Ski Tique. I am the 2nd owner of this boat. I feel like it has been taken care of pretty well.
Couple of questions..still looking on the forums for answers but maybe I can get a few hits here.
First off the platform is in good shape but no wood sealant or protection. I found "Cabot Interior/Exterior Spar Varnish"..This marine-quality finish remains flexible and will expand and contract to outperfom traditional polyurethane. Any thoughts?

The hull has one chip, smaller than a head of a thumb tack. Gel Coat repair suggestions. There is a couple shallow grooves around this area..should an amateur even attempt to improve the look?

Took the boat out yesterday. Really having a hard time figuring the speedo out. Just cruising it runs around 30. Doesn't feel that fast. Had read wake board wake was good around 18 and ski in the low mid 20's. Any thought there?

Boat runs pretty smooth all things considered. But what is the deal with the boat going left when releasing the wheel? Is this a normal effect of the way the prop is? Like it reacts when backing up and turning left only? What is the suggestions on best prop for this boat?

Ha.. as evident I am very much a newbie. Love the boat, plan on keeping for a year or 2 then upgrading to a larger Correct Craft of the same era.

Thanks for your time.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 7:15pm
As far as the swim platform. You want to use teak Cleaner/Brightner and Teak Oil.

The speedos can be calibrated. Usually there is something right on the lense that lets you do this.

Wakeboarding speed is usually 18-21 Waterski speed can vary quite a bit, depending on the skiers size, skill and whether or not they are on slalom or combos. I'd say 25-35 would be typical range though.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 1:04am
Enjoy! Just picked up a 16' 79 Ski Tique myself last week. 1st time driving an inboard and I liked it. There's a Acme 540 prop review around here somewhere.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Gump Gump wrote:

Enjoy! Just picked up a 16' 79 Ski Tique myself last week. 1st time driving an inboard and I liked it. There's a Acme 540 prop review around here somewhere.

The 540 is too large in diameter to be used on the 16' hulls (like the 1976-1981 Ski Tique). The equivalent for this boat would be the Acme 1210, which is 12.5" in diameter.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 8:43pm
Welcome to CCfan We need pictures!!
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

As far as the swim platform. You want to use teak Cleaner/Brightner and Teak Oil.

I agree with Brian to stick with traditional Teak oils. I'm into wood and wood boats and to date, I have never seen a "hard" finish hold up on Teak.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2013 at 1:20am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Gump Gump wrote:

The 540 is too large in diameter to be used on the 16' hulls (like the 1976-1981 Ski Tique). The equivalent for this boat would be the Acme 1210, which is 12.5" in diameter.

Yep, sorry. Just found that out today when I tried to order one from Delta and went with the 1210. I thought the 540 review was tested on a 79 ski tique.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic