Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nyman Boat Lift

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nyman Boat Lift
    Posted: July-15-2013 at 8:37pm
I Just bought a 3000 # Nyman Hydro lift. It hooks to garden hose. works ok, BUT its slow. I run it of my cottage shallow well pump which kicks on at 30 psi and off at 60 psi. I would like to put it on its own pump. Does anyone have one of these lifts and what is the best pump to use? should I go with electric or 12 volt? And what is the best pressure to work them at? Thanks, I bought it used so I don't have a manual. Wayne   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:53am
We have a few Nymans but theyre all hydraulic, so I cant offer much help on how the water pressure system works. I would imagine a 12V pump would be the way to go, if nothing else, you dont have to run power down to the water.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 7:49pm
Wayne,
It would be best to get some GPM and PSI specs for sizing the pump. You may not get what you need from a 12 volt pump. post the figures and I'll be able to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2013 at 12:10am
Ok, I bought a shallow well jet pump the has a 700 gph and a 77 PSI. Ill set up this weekend and let you know how it works. Thanks, Wayne
dkilcoyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkilcoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:28pm
Hi Wayne, I know this was a while back but what was the outcome? I getting a used lift and the current owner has it running on house water. I'm planning on installing a 12v pump and have all the same questions you had. Thank you for any information you can share.
Dan
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:43pm
Hi, I couldn't get mine to work all that great. Didn't make a difference when I bought a pump just for the lift. What I ended up doing is converting the lift to a hydraulic lift. It took some planning and cost me about a grand but it was well worth it. Good luck with yours. I still have the giant piston. I was going to scrap it.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2017 at 9:37am
I have a nyman water lift that I use regularly. I run it off of a garden hose that's connected to my well pump. It isn't very fast, but it hasn't bothered me. It goes up faster than I can cover the boat anyway...
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic