NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Dripping noise

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Dripping noise
    Posted: August-13-2013 at 11:09pm
You have good hearing. That is actually the sound of money going out the bilge pump. Right now its just a trickle, dripping noise, it gets worse. Mine occasionally make loud sucking noises. Those coincide with a sharp pain in my left butt cheek.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 12:03am
Maybe one of the block drains was left open when it was winterized. Your going to have to look around down in there maybe with a mirror
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ronix1284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronix1284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 12:02am
It doesnt appear to be the drive shaft packing, the boat has been sitting for over 2 hours now off and it is still doing it, so its happening all the time. The boat does have 3 tanks, two in the rear and one in the middle - and its happening on the side that the fill pumps are - I know the boats have weird impeller issues on the pumps and that sometimes they let water through and fill on their own. I did not fill the tanks, but is it possible this is just water that was in that system now just dripping out?
Seth
07 Superair
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:57pm
Check the driveshaft packing
Brian
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:47pm
Does it do it all the time, or just when the engine is running?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ronix1284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronix1284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 10:46pm
Just picked up and launched my 07 super air, runs great but if your looking at the engine on the left hand side ( vdrive ) there is a quick water dripping noise. I have no idea what it is, no nothing about engines and am looking for advice. I cannot reach the drip because it is at the bottom and my arm cant get down that far. It seems to just be water.
Seth
07 Superair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic